Chapter 4

Unedited.

~Playlist for this chapter~
Done for me - Charlie Puth (ft.Kehlani)

~For all my Hindi Listeners~
Abhi na jao chodkar - Mohd Rafi and Asha Bhosale.

(Mohd. Rafi has all of my heart! A legend! Any Rafi fan here?)

****

Chapter 4: Hate and Pretence.

~Yash's Pov~

"I'm so sorry Yash." Tanvi said for what seemed like the hundredth time since we met. Groans erupted from all around the table.

"Yup, Tanvi, we all, in fact, entire canteen knows you are sorry for tagging him. He gets it, Yash?" I nodded in confirmation with Aadi.

"I swear, if I hear sorry for one more time, I will tell Shlok to start with his jokes," Ahana said while Shlok scowled. 

"Usse na thi mere pyaar ki qadar, two parallel lines can never intersect each other." Shlok muttered earning more groans of pain from his audience, except Pragati who let out out a small laugh.

"Do plate vada sambhar!" Anna screamed from behind the counter. I quickly excused myself, leaving the table to collect my order.

(Two plates of Vada sambhar)

The canteen here was nothing compared to my previous one. It was always crammed, over-populated with the loud crowd. There was very little respect for privacy here as the distance between the two adjacent rows was almost non-existent. The tables were far less and small in size, not accommodating more than five people at once. The students basically had to fight to get one in the first place. The college obviously didn't give too shit about it. 

The menu was basic and tummy-filling, nothing too fancy. On the brighter side, it was hygienic and I hoped the food tasted good.

"I can carry my own plate." Agni's voice halted me mid-air in the process of balancing two, heavy plates together.  

"Ok, bro," I said as I passed her one before continuing towards the table. It wasn't until I had settled down comfortably, at least as comfortably as I could with four other people sharing the same bench, did I realize that I had no cutlery to eat my food with.

"Shit! They forgot to serve me a spoon!" Others around the table snickered at my sigh of frustration.

"Here—" A spoon and fork was thrusted in my line of vision, almost stabbing my nose. My eyes followed the hand holding the cutlery to meet Agni's blank gaze. "They don't serve cutlery. It's kept in a box at the counter. You've to take it yourself." She said before settling opposite me.

I muttered a small embarrassed thanks to her.

"So...you all know each other since eleventh grade?" I asked before cutting into my crispy vada with gentle pressure, not wanting to crook my fork. The steel cutlery had seen better days and clearly, it wasn't of the best market quality out there, given how many students could steal it.

"Not really—I met Shlok in eleventh grade when he hit me with his ball—" Aadijay began.

"—I. Didn't. Hit. You. With. My. Volleyball! You just came in my way—" Shlok gritted out through his clenched teeth.