Chapter Six

"What was that for?" Nogla asked once they were along, his Irish accent thicker from anger.

"You agreed that making Jonathan jealous was a good bet," Tyler argued.

Nogla groaned. "But what about Berniece?"

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Why are you still even with her? You like Lui, don't you?"

Nogla froze, only his mouth moving to try and form words. "I, um... How did you... I..."

"This could make Lui jealous, too. He didn't really look happy when I said that."

Nogla licked his top lip. "But I'm still together with Berniece, Tyler. I don't want to hurt her." He rubbed his face in his hands, tugging on his hair.

Tyler softened and put a hand on Nogla's shoulder, uncharacteristically. "Hey, it's alright. Everything will be fine. I promise." Nogla shook his head, but leaned into Tyler for the comfort that was much needed as tears began to drip down from his eyes. "She might take it hard at first, but I'm sure she'd rather have you happy, right? I know you want her happy, but you have to find your own first."

Nogla let out a loud whine, making Tyler jump, before weeping into Tyler shoulder. Though how tall Nogla was made the stance awkward, Tyler sighed contently, thinking.

This won't be easy. But the harder you work, the better the achievement, Tyler thought. I guess.

Nogla later calmed down, tiresome from his own workup. Tyler let him have his bed, somehow both of them forgetting that Nogla even had a bed of his own, and Tyler went for the couch.

As he turned past the corner, there was a loud crash and Tyler jumped instantly, cursing at himself. "Shit..." He heard mumbling soon after.

Tyler looked past the wall and saw Jonathan on the ground, picking up the plate shards, mumbling indirectly. Tyler watched for a few more seconds before approaching him and helping to pick up shards, somewhat startling Jonathan. With the advanced help, the shards were picked up and disposed within a matter of seconds, yet no thanking compliment was said. Just a thick silence with Jonathan leaning on the sink counter and Jonathan shifting oddly.

"So, you and Nogla," Jonathan then said, vision on the wall in front of him.

"You and Evan," Tyler added. Jonathan caught his gaze with a raised eyebrow and was about to speak, but thought better of it and just shook instead.

They stayed like that for moments, but for each second that passed, Jonathan gave him glances and looks that were making Tyler full of anger, more than annoyance. Finally, he had to bring it up.

"Did you or Evan fight or something? Why the hell are you so mad at me?" He could have said it nicer, true, but he didn't really care.

Jonathan quickly shot up for his slouched position. "Really, Tyler? Just because I'm mad, it instantly goes back to Evan?" He challenged Tyler's glare. "I'm perfectly fine. Evan and I are so fucking swell." Tyler didn't mean to piss him off, but it's one of the annoying traits of Jonathan. "I can't stand you sometimes, I swear."

"Then don't!" Tyler had yelled back. "Take a fucking seat! Complain to Evan and then go have sex or something."

Jonathan's lip twitched and his knuckles turned white. It really shouldn't have been a surprise when he grabbed another plate and slammed it onto the floor, trying hard not to punch Tyler. "I really fucking hate you!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Tyler shot his arms up in exasperation. "I came out here to sleep on the couch, but then I helped you clean a plate you broke and you're all bitchy!"

"Just shut up!" Another two plates smashed to the ground.

"What the hell is going on out here?!"

They both turned to see Evan, infuriated yet worried, eyes darting between the two males.

"Of course you just had to come," Tyler hissed, eyes glaring.

A warm hand pulled him back. Turning, he saw Nogla and the rest of the crew, sometime coming out of their room to see the fight as if it were a movie.

Even so, Tyler continued. "You need Evan for fucking everything these days! You're such a damn kid!"

Evan had to grab Jonathan's arm to keep him from lounging foreward. "You're such a bitch!"

"At least I'm not a bottom bitch!"

"Tyler!" Nogla stepped in. "Just let it go!"

Tyler hushed down; he knew Nogla was stressed out enough already. Finally, the fight broke up and each boy turned to go, delaying only a second later.

From across the room, Lui had his eyes glued onto Nogla, worried with each word and movement he took. Nogla turned and saw him, giving an attempted comforting smile. "N... Nogla."

Nogla stayed were he was and Tyler patted his arm before leaving, going to the couch. Finally.

Evan and Jonathan had went outside, talking in private now.

"Hey, what happened?" Evan asked, scanning over Jonathan. "Are you alright?"

Jonathan shifted, a sour expression on his face. 

"Jonathan," Evan said sternly. Finally, Jonathan turned to look at him, his annoyed eyes meeting Evan's warm ones. "I know you're mad at Tyler, but that doesn't mean you have to be mad at me. You can trust me." Evan put a hand on Jonathan's shoulder. "You really can, Jonathan. I'm always going to be here."

Jonathan let his eyes water up and leak out, quickly burrying his head in Evan's shoulder, already feeling it dampen Evan's shirt. 

Evan hugged him close, running comforting hands along his back. "It's alright, Jon," he comforted. "It's alright."