1.

It was weird how excited I could be, in a weird way though. And not only because today was the start of my week off from school. Also, because my childrood best friend was making his return to our little picturesque village. I haven't seen him in about 2 years. When I was sixteen he went away to boarding school. He wasn't allowed to contact any outsiders except for his mom, and that was only twice a week. So I blame the strict school for the lack of contact between us. 

But now he was finally coming back. I was nervously fiddling with the peplum on my top, before checking if my makeup was alright before I secured the donut-bun on my head and as if on cue I heard my mom calling me from downstairs. "Kathalena, we're supposed to go now!" "I'll be right there, mum!" 

As I walked down the stairs, I saw my mother looking at me from head to toe. I think I looked alright. A bright red peplum top, a washed out jeans, wedges and a statement necklace to top it off. I didn't want to go there overdressed and I liked my outfit simple. "You look great, sweetie."  "Thanks, Mum." I gave her a peck on the cheek and we walked towards the door. My mother in her knee-high skirt and a simple fluffy-like blouse. She looked stunning, as almost always. 

The convenience was that we only had to cross the road before we reached their house. I couldn't really tell why I was nervous. He was my best friend, and 2 years wasn't that long. He was still the same person. Wasn't he?