{Chapter 1}

PUBLISHED: April 11th, 2016

EDITED: April 27th, 2022

(Y/n) stirred slightly in her sleep as she slowly started to wake from her slumber, "Mm... W-What...?" She said quietly while her eyes adjusted to her surroundings. It was dark. Strings of dim lightbulbs were strung around above her head while giving off a soft glow to illuminate her surroundings. She could faintly see carnival props surrounding her in the dim and yet somewhat colorful lighting. She heard laughter, cackling, hollers, and carnival music from afar. Sitting up slightly and looking around confusingly, she looked down at herself.

 Sitting up slightly and looking around confusingly, she looked down at herself

"W...What? Why am I wearing this? Where...  am I...?" She asked herself as she got up, rubbing her head. (Y/n) brushed herself off from the straws of hay on the ground and looked around. She sees an envelope laying on the ground with her name written in neat cursive on it. (Y/n) picked it up and opened it to reveal a worn out carnival ticket in it.

 (Y/n) picked it up and opened it to reveal a worn out carnival ticket in it

"The Devil's Carnival...?" She asked herself quietly and shrugged softly. Putting it in her chest pocket on her sweater, she walked off to find someone to help her. (Y/n) had no idea how she got to this dark and mysterious place as she passed props, mannequins, carousel horses, and whatnot. As she walked, static from speakers pierced her ears. Then words which formed singing started flowing around from the static.

You're in the Devil's... CARNIVAL!Come one, come two, come all!
Devil's CARNIVAL!
You're in the Devil's... CARNIVAL!
Come one, come two, come all!
Devil's CARNIVAL!

Ha ha ha!

Welcome to my gates you gay and lucky souls!
GET YOUR TICKETS!
FORM A LINE!
You can't help but fall from my humble hole!

O, those grapes of green
Hanging down from Heaven's vine!

You're in the Devil's... CARNIVAL!Come one, come two, come all!
Devil's CARNIVAL!
You're in the Devil's... CARNIVAL!
Come one, come two, come YOU!
Devil's CARNIVAL!