Broken

Darkness

Destruction

Death

Death

"TONY!"

Waking up is always the worst part. He never means to scream, never means to awaken the person beside him. Never means to...

"Steve," That's the voice. Raspy with sleep, of course, but there it is. So pure, so real. "Steven..."

"I'm fine," he lies, running large fingers through short, blonde and sweaty hair. "Go back to sleep," he says hoarsely.

He doesn't even have to see the man to know that he's shaking his head. "Now that's the first lie I've had from you tonight," he replies. Steve feels the bed move; "I thought I told you that fine is just an abbreviation for Fuck, I'm not ever-"

"Good enough," Steve completes the sentence, annoyed at how well the genius knows him.

Arms wrapping around him then, strong and secure and... Safe. A voice whispering against the skin of his neck, gentle and genuine and... Guiding.

"Tony," his name slips from Steve's lips for the second time tonight but there's no anguish in his voice this time. There's nothing but need as he allows Tony to knock down the wall he has put up between them, allows Tony to peel away the armour he is wearing - until Steve is vulnerable in front of him, the wall and armour of I'm fine no longer in the way.

Blue eyes flicker up to hazel and Steve concentrates on how one strip of light that has escaped through the curtains reflects off of those brown orbs, turning them fiery with passion and with...

"Proud," Tony whispers and Steve realises that he missed what his lover just said until he continues: "You make me so God damn proud," Tony says, warm hands holding the Captain's face. Straddling Steve's legs, the genius runs long, slender fingers through the blond hair - gentler than Steve's, caring...

"I..." Tony makes him speechless - he always does. Everything he does just swipes Steve's mind blank all of the time.

"You," Tony nods, picking up Steve's hand, twisting it until his wrist is facing upwards. "Are not fine. You are in need of an ear," he whispers, his lips parting to close over on the veins of Steve's wrist, kissing. "Of someone to listen to you..."

Steve watches him, surprised at how such a small gesture can make his heart do what it's doing right now - literally fluttering around in his chest.
"And you have me," Tony continues, the hand on the side of Steve's face still warm and comforting, the thumb caressing softly. "No matter what, you will always have me."

Steve frowns at that. "I keep thinking of them torturing you... Listening to you scream and I... I'm never fast enough - I can never save you in time," he breathes. "I'm always too late... I'm always-"

Emotionless, Tony's eyelashes spread against the tops of his cheeks when he blinks slowly. "You might always be too late because your too busy trying to save me when it's you, you have to save first..."

The sentence shocks him and Steve stares at Tony. "How do you... How did you..."

"Because I'm your guy for a reason. Not to have sex with you, not to just sleep in the same bed as you - to help you through the difficult times. To know you better than you know yourself."

"I don't deserve you-"

Tony shuts him up then, mouths crashed together in a kiss, lips slanting against one another, noses brushing. Steve frowns as he feels so much emotion wash over him.

Cradling the back of the Captain's head, Tony bites down on Steve's lower lip gently and opens his eyes a little, glancing at Steve's face, seeing the tears falling down the blonde man's cheeks.

When they pull away, Tony pushes their foreheads together and looks directly into Steve's wet eyes. "Tony... I can't be saved I'm... Broken..."

Tony nods, confusing Steve at first, wiping away his tears. "So was I, baby," he whispers. "So was I..."

Steve feels his heart ache. But this time not with hurt or with pain.

But with love.

.
.
.

PLEASE GIVE ME LOADS OF FEEDBACK GUYS

I SORT OF FEEL LIKE THIS WAS CRAP BUT OH WELL ITS HALF PAST MIDNIGHT AND I AM SO SLEEPYY

LoVE YoU aLL