Do You Love Me Or Not?

Summary:

Steve hasn't been putting much effort into his and Tony's relationship recently. Tony wants to know why.

He doesn't like the results.

Steve doesn't realise what he has done until Tony finds out.

&@&

"Do you still love me or not?"

The question, so venomous and unexpected, sped circles around his head. He took in his husband's stance; shaking with anger, face red with crying.

Eyes hurt with betrayel.

Oh, those eyes. Brown and big and beautiful.

His Tony's eyes.

His Tony's eyes.

His Tony.

He was such an idiot.

Steve stared at the younger man. Like a deer caught on the road, staring into the headlights of an oncoming vehicle.

Right before it is hit.

Tony's anger disappears and the hurt takes over, it wins the battle as he twists, grabbing onto the kitchen island and cries - sobs above the granite surface, body racking with the force. His eyes are squeezed shut and his jaw is clenched tightly. "Why?" Is the next question, full of another emotion. Something foreign to Steve. Something he has never experienced. Not from Tony.

The genius growls, "why, Steven, why did you do it?"

The other man can not answer. His mouth and lips do not communicate with his tongue to function words. They can not. He is, officially, for the first time in their realtionship and for the second time in his life (after the serum worked); Tongue tied.

The younger man's face is ruined with tears and lines as his face scrunches up. "Tell me!" He exclaims, loud enough that it echoes.

Steve understands the foreign emotion now as he blinks at the half naked girl beside him, the girl Tony refuses to even spare a glance to.

Hate.

It is hate that has invaded his husband's body. To the point that he is trembling. Screaming at Steve in rage.

He does still love the man. To the ends of the Earth. He would do anything for this man.

Yet, he can not answer one simple question.

Risking a second look to his lover, he whispers his only explanation;

"I don't know."

-

Please give me feedback.

Plus, comment below any requests you have. :)

Please Vote and Comment!

Thank you.

~ MrsDowney :).