Chapter 1

Hello! My name is Reina Jung and this is my 2nd major book. I already have a plan for this book, but I have a feeling it's going to go off the storyline like always!😝 If there are any mistakes (grammar or anything else), feel free to comment and tell me so that I can fix it. This story is 100% my idea, if there are any parts of the story, whether it be characters or some of the plot, that is somewhat like yours, it is completely coincidental. I hope you will have fun reading this story! Thank you! Here we go...
(PS, the photo up is of the main character Reina Jung. Role played by Victoria Secret model Miranda Kerr.)
——————————————————

"Good morning Maya." Xander said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I smiled sweetly at him, my love for him seeping out.

"Good morning Xander. I love you." I replied.

"I...love you too." He said back. I looked at him weirdly, but took no notice of his hints about what was about to happen.

When we were at school, I got off his motorcycle and walked to school with my hand intertwined into Xander's.

"Hey..." Xander suddenly stopped me. "I need to talk to you."

"Ok, sure. Just give me a sec, I have to go grab my books. I'll meet you at the fountain?" I said, heading towards my locker. He nodded slowly and went to the fountain. That was my first mistake of that day, to tell him to meet at the fountain. Most people gathered at the fountain in the morning because they could hear gossip and stuff there.

I took out my books and went over to Xander. He was nervously shifting on his feet. "Xander? Are you okay?" I asked, and he nodded. Weird, he hadn't really talked this morning. Maybe he was going to tell me a secret? "So, what did you want to tell me?" I looked at him expectedly as one of Xander's friends came over and handed him a microphone. I wondered about what it was going to be used for. Xander turned the microphone on and cleared his throat, standing on the side of the water fountain at the same time. It caught everyone's attention.

"I would like to announce something. Two months ago, I was dared by my friends to date Maya here." Everyone gasped. Xander went on with his little speech. "And they said I had two months to make he fall in love with me. So tell me Maya, are you in love with me?" He asked. I nodded slowly, not really knowing what to say. "So I win the dare. And if this was a cheesy romantic movie, I would say I fell in love with her too during the process. But it's not, this is reality. So no, I did not fall in love with her. I don't feel anything for her. I mean, who would fall for a dork like her? Look at her! How she dresses, her glasses, her grades, her goodie-goodie ways, ew!"

"So... So everything was a lie?" I whispered. Xander nodded, biting his lip. "I...I gave you everything and yet, this is what I get? I loved you!" I choked out.

"I know. But there is something that I like about you." He said. "It's your voice. When you sing, it's amazing. So I thought maybe if you sang in front of all these people, some of them might be love-struck by your voice. So I'm helping you." He told me. "Now sing."

I looked at his face, tears streaming down my face. Everyone was staring, and I was really humiliated. Xander's face didn't hold any regret, just a smirk and his hand extended towards me with the microphone. I snatched it away from him and angrily wiped all my tears away. I stepped up onto the stage. Xander tried to get off, but I stopped him. "Stay right here." I growled. I went into my phone and played a Karaoke version of Mirrors by Justin Timberlake. I immediately started singing.

"Aren't you something, to admire. Cause your shine is something like a mirror.
And I can't help but notice, you reflect in this heart of mine.
If you ever, feel alone and. The glare makes me hard to find. Just know that I'm always parallel on the other side.
Cause with your hand in my hand, and a pocketful of soul. I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go.
Jut put your hand on the glass, I'll be trying to pull you trough. You just gotta be strong.
Cause I don't wanna lose you now. I'm looking right at the other half of me.
That vacancy that sat in my heart, is a space that now you hold.
Show me how to fight for now. And I'll tell you baby, it was easy coming back into you once I figured it out. You were right here all along.
It's like you're my mirror.
My mirror staring back at me.
I couldn't get any bigger.
With anyone else beside of me.
And now it's clear as this promise. That we're making two reflections, into one."
I kept on singing, the words of the song matching exactly what I wanted to say. As I looked at the audience, I could see that everyone was astonished, especially the jocks. I was kinda the nerdy type yes, but I believed my voice was my best weapon.

************************************

Hey guys, it's Reina!
This chapter was of what Reina (yes, the main character has my name) went through when Alec decided to tell her and almost everyone in the school about the dare. Poor Reina!

Like, comment, share!

❤️You guys are much appreciated❤️

—Reina Jung💋