Chapter 2

The picture is Xander Colton, role played by Francisco Lachowski.

~Two Years Later from the Heartbreaking Scene~

"Hey Reina!" Jonathan waved to me.

"Hi Reina!" Samantha said.

"Reina! See you in class!" Seth told me.

"You're looking pretty as always, Reina." Trevor flirted.

It was like this every morning. After the day that Xander broke my heart and made me sing, I was so scared and sad, my heart felt like it was being ripped out of my heart, and it—actually hurt. Sure, I've had those occasions where someone made fun of me or said something really offensive, and I was sad and taken back. But in Xander's case, I could barely talk and I was always crying. Worried for me, Mom said I didn't have to go to school anymore. But Dad didn't want me to be a high-school drop out and so did I, so my family discussed matters and decided to move away.

Away from the monsters. Namely, Xander.

Away from my problems. Namely, Xander.

Away from the thing that had caused my heart to shatter. Namely, Xander.

I was so relieved that I didn't have to go  to that school.

So now here I was, at Sherlock High, the second best high school around the place that I lived in. I also changed my name before coming to this new school, because I wanted an entirely fresh start. I updated my status to popular, got good grades, and now I was kind of the queen of the school.

The warning bell rang, meaning there was only five minutes until class started. And my first period band teacher did not like it when students were being late. At all.

Now, before you go thinking that I'm all badass and slutty just cause I'm popular, let meh stop you. I am not a badass (okay, so maybe I am a little bit bad), and most definitely NOT a slut. Hell, I haven't even dated or kissed a guy since Xander broke my heart two years ago! Even though I decided it was all over and I had to forget about him, I was still scared. Scarred for life.

As I rushed into my class, barely making it, many people waved me over. But of course, I went over to my best friends Charles and Alexa.

"Ayyyy gurlll." Trevor whistled. He was sitting at the back.

"Hey Trev." I said, taking my backpack off and pulled my flute case out.

"Good morning." Alexa and Charles said in sync. I giggled and said "Good morning." Back.

Let me describe my two friends. Alexa is a girl (no duh) and she was really pretty. She had long, brown, wavy hair and hazel-ish green-ish eyes. The only problem was that she puts on too much makeup. Honestly, I think she's naturally beautiful, so I doubt she needed to put that much on. But I let her do it since it's what she liked. Alexa was kinda dumb though, she didn't get most of the lecture when the teachers did give us one. So I had to go over it with her at lunch. Charles, on the other hand, was pretty smart. Not to brag or anything, but not as smart as me. I'm a straight A student, and he's a straight A student-ish, with some B's here and there. Charles was really cute though, and so was popular among the girls. He had sandy blond hair, green eyes, and a sorta baby face.