Chapter 21 Roger Rabbit

"Is there a right way for how this goes? You've got your friends and you've got your foes." My phone blasted from next to me. Carefully, I picked it up. The ringtone belonged to Ileyah but she was right here with me.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously as I watched Ileyah glare daggers at Sky.

"Libby? It's Chase," He mumbled.

"Why are you using a phone?" Parenal mode now activated. "Do the doctors know about this?"

"Uhm, no," He sighed. "But is Ileyah there?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "Why?"

"Cuz she.....uh.....shouldn't be. She has info that should be kept." Chase mumbled.

"Oh like what?" I said, putting the phone on speaker.

"Uhm....I can't say." He said. "By the way, Jesse's here. He's uh.....pissed off."

"Oh I could tell." I said, crossing my arms. "Now, what on God's Green Earth happened at that dang store?"

"Sky cheated on you with Dawn." Chase said. "According to Jesse. Oh and one more thing. Michaela' rode the plane with me. Bye!" A beeping sound filledthe awkward tension-filled room. I turned my phone off and set on the table, looking up at Ileyah.

"And you've known the Michaela thing for how long?" I asked.

"She wanted to meet up with me." She sighed.

"And you're going, I take it?" I was raging more at that fact then the fact about Sky.

"Well.....I mean....." She sighed. "Sky's is-"

"I don't f***ing care!" I shouted. "You knew Michaela was coming! You never told me! Why? To 'protect' me? Is that why you bursted in here telling me about Sky? Because keeping things from me isn't protecting me and telling me about my boyfriend cheating isn't either."

"I just-" She began.

"No," I said. "Go back to the hospital or something. At least there you have a loving boyfriend." I got up and went to my room. I put my new DVD in and began to watch it. A few minutes into the first episode, someone knocked on my door.

"Go away," I called.

"Can't do that," Jerome said as he and Mitch pushed open my door and sat on my bed with me. Jerome wrapped his arms around me and allowed me to cuddle up to him. Mitch stayed silent, but I knew he was angry at Adam.

"Why does this have to happen to me?" I suddenly said, tears streaming down my face. "Everything has been going all wrong lately! Life has never been so complicated!"

"Ileyah didn't want to tell you about that other girl because she knew you'd had do much stress lately.She didn't want to pile more onto it. But with Sky, she couldn't keep that from you. She cares a lot about you, and if Sky kept cheating on you, wouldn't you have prefferred to hear it from someone who knew before or after you found out?" Mitch said, rubbing my back.

"I have an idea," Jerome said. "Why don't we all go to Tim Horton's/Cold Stone Creamery and get some ice cream? Just us three?"

"Can Jason come too?" I asked, an idea forming into my brain.

"Yeah, sure," Mitch said. "I'll go get him. Jerome, you get her to the car, OK?"

"Is this a secret mission?" Jerome asked excitedly. I giggled.

"Sure," Mitch laughed. Jerome chuckled and picked me up.

"I can walk, you know," I said.

"Yeah, but this is more fun." He said. He carried me bridal style down the stairs.

"No really, Jerome, I can walk. Please, I hate being carried." I said.

"Fine," He pretended to be hurt that I didn't want his help. I rolled my eyes playfully and tugged on his hand, pulling him out of the door and to the car. Mitch and Jason were already there.

Jason looked back at me with a smile. "I'm sorry,"

"It's not your fault." I shrugged. "It's better, anyways. He and Dawn made a cute couple and I don't think I'm really ready for a boyfriend."

Lies. Those were lies. I mean, Sky and Dawn did make a cute couple, but the part about me not being ready for a boyfriend was a lie. I hadn't been with someone in a few years. Being with Sky felt great, but maybe this was a test. A test of life to prove that maybe my true love was form Team Crafted, but it wasn't Sky.

If that was true, then who could it be? It wasn't Jordan, that I know. It could be Quentin, or Ty, but I highly doubted it. It was possbily Jason or Jerome. Ugh this is confusing. Love is just so...Ugh.

I rested my head on Jerome's shoulder and closed my eyes, listening to the radio playing 'Clarity' by Zedd. I mumbled the words quietly under my breath. Next, Roger Rabbit by Sleeping with Sirens played and a slight smile formed on my face. Despite Michaela liking them, Ileyah and I still enjoyed them, her moreso than me. And despite Ileyah's and my arguement, I still enjoyed this song.

"Nobody's gonna love you if you can't display a way to capture this. Nobody's gonna hold your hand and guide you through, no it's up for you to understand. Nobody's gonna feel your pain, when all is done and it's time for you to walk away. So when you have today you should say all that you have to say."