The Bathhouse

The water fell over Amunet smoothly, pooling around her and dripping from her dark hair. She fluttered the drops of water from her eyes and unconsciously sighed loudly. She looked around the large bathroom that she was currently in and couldn't help but feel extremely out of place. The bath itself was the size of a small pool with fountains encircling it. Amunet felt so overwhelmed by the overflowing water at first and was positive she was going to drown because of it.

She sunk a little lower into the water until it was level with her eyes. She refused to stand, however, for the bruises covering her body were still apparent and an ugly shade of black and purple. They didn't hurt as much anymore, though, which Amunet was grateful for. Amunet sighed again and watched the bubbles form under her nose. She raked a hand roughly through her hair trying to undo the several knots that had accumulated.

"You don't look like you're enjoying yourself very much." Amunet turned a little surprised to see Ebonee watching her. The Pharaoh's twin sister had been visiting her often these days. Amunet didn't understand why, though. She'd been living with Teremun for over a year and she'd never met Ebonee. She had, of course, seen the beautiful princess at ceremonies but Amunet had usually always been dancing and never had much time to observe the royal family.

"Can I help you?" Amunet asked trying to keep her body hidden under the water. It seemed rather ridiculous, however, considering most of Egypt had seen Amunet naked or close to it.

Ebonee strolled around the bath looking at the artifacts that decorated the walls while also observing the water that poured from the fountains continuously. Ebonee's sharp eyes scrutinized every detail while judging every inch of the room. Despite having been Amunet rescuer it was clear the woman didn't like the dancer very much.

"You know, I've never understood why men fall for women like you." Amunet cocked an eyebrow and tried to keep calm. "When Teremun was younger there were always rumors about him and some royal family's daughter but I never heard of him and a slave. It's rather disheartening to be honest. I thought my brother was better than that."

Amunet's brows knitted together and her hands fisted over her chest. Amunet glared at the Pharaoh's sister and stood suddenly. The water sloshed around her and steadily dripped from her shoulders trailed down her spine. Amunet ascended the smooth steps out of the bath and strolled to Ebonee with her back straight and her shoulders squared. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and shifted her weight to her other foot.

"Say what you want, Ebonee, but I've endured a lot worse than the bullying of a spoiled princess." Ebonee glared and crossed her arms. "No matter what you say I'm not going anywhere. And it's not because I'm in love with Pharaoh or that he's in love with me. It's more than that. Every breath Teremun breaths is my own. Every ounce of pain he feels, I feel as well. Teremun is every part myself as I am. Even if I wanted to I couldn't leave him because you can't leave your soul no matter how much it hurts."