Love vs Gratitude

"She what?" Teremun shouted spinning on his servant. Ubaid bowed even lower as if flattening himself to the floor. Teremun stormed towards Ubaid and took a hand full of his hair into his hands. The Pharaoh yanked the servant's head upwards and allowed his jade eyes to befall the shaking man at his feet. Teremun screamed in frustration and threw the man away from him. Teremun turned in fast circles, pacing the room. His anger seeped out through every pore consuming him. "Out!"

Ubaid bowed again and ran from the room, not once looking back at his master.

"What's the matter, dear brother?" Teremun turned to watch his twin stroll into the room. Ebonee had a knowing smile on her face and she sat gracefully down in one of Teremun's finest chairs. 

"What are you doing here, Ebonee?" Teremun snarled.

"I'm here to help you with your runaway servant problem." Ebonee brushed a lock of hair from her face and crossed her legs.  

"She's not a servant," Teremun spat. 

"I wonder if she truly feels that way." Ebonee let out a soft laugh that had Teremun turning sharply. Jade eyes connected and Teremun crossed the room to loom over his sister. 

"Choose your words wisely."

"All I'm saying, Pharaoh, is that you didn't really give the girl much of a choice but to listen and love you. She was so fierce when defending you in the bathhouse, too. Claiming nothing would scare her away. Now look at her. She's run off the second she got the chance." Teremun's face contorted in anger and his hands twitched at his side ready to strike. Ebonee noticed the action and frowned. "Teremun, you may love her, but never did she say she loved you back."

Teremun froze.

"Amunet's grateful towards you, Teremun. You saved her from having to further sell herself to filthy men and monsters. You also didn't execute her or let her die after that failure of a mission. Amunet stayed with you because she was thankful for your kindness. She wanted to make you happy and proud. She probably thought that was love. But it's not, Teremun."

The Pharaoh turned away from his twin and tried to calm the shaking of his body. Ebonee rose from her seat carefully and stepped out of Teremun's reach. 

"You're wrong," Teremun whispered. "She loves me. She'll come back."

"Do you really believe that?" Ebonee asked. Teremun looked back at her. His face hardened and the muscles in his arms and jaw clenched. Ebonee sighed and bowed before exiting the room. Teremun took a deep breath. 

"Ubaid," he shouted. Immediately, his servant ran into the room. 

"Yes, your highness."

"Find her. Use any means necessary just bring her back to me alive. Now."