Chapter 6

Lilli's mouth fell open. "No way! You've lost it." 

"Well," Jane said with a sarcastic toss of her hair. "I think you and I know that before. But that's not the point. Face the facts. You slept in Lerman's bed. You were half conscious, and you said he wasn't himself. Duh! He was drunk."

Jane threw a think cardboard box at Lilli. Pregnancy tester was written across it in pink sparkling letters. "You carry these things in your purse?" Lilli asked startled. Jane dumped a pile of boxes on the floor.

"They are for when I want to freak out my mom." 

Lilli stood up slowly and smiled triumphantly. 'See? Not dizzy!" Jane just shrugged. 

"Now I can't wait to prove you wrong." Lilli said while picking up a box. "I am not pregnant." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                                   5 days later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilli sat up on her bed with her head in her hands. She and her mom had just gotten back form the doctor's office. She had just wanted to make sure. I mean seriously who knows where Jane go these testers from? 

But the ugly truth had yet again smacked her across her unprepared-face. She was 17 and pregnant. Lilli, had always told herself this type of thing was not going to happen to the great Lilli-Soergel-who-thought-boys-were-always-stupid. But here she was, all alone in her room. Well besides the thing inside her. The thing was going to ruin to her future. 

The thing wouldn't be allowed in college. How was she going to become a writer? She would never have a decent job, and her mom, well she said she would help Lilli get through this, this stuff happens all the time, blah, blah blah. 

But Lilli knew what her mom though of her. She would never be fully welcomed back. She was the Soergel embarrassment. Lilli sobbed, this was not how her life was supposed to go. How could she tell her grandparents? Her cousins? Her friends? How could she tell....Lerman? 

Lilli stopped crying and froze in absolute fear. Lerman...oh crap......Lerman. The story's always say the mintue the girls tell the guys they abandon them faster than you could say 'bye'. She resumed crying. Lilli know she couldn't have Lerman disappear form her life, she loved him and she also knew she had to tell him. 

She stood up and got ready. Lilli dialed her phone. "Hello?" Lerman answered. 

"Hey could you pick me up? I kinda-sorta have a surprise." He laughed. 

"Is it any good?" Lilli choked up. 

"I'll let you decide." lerman stopped laughing and switched to concern mode. 

"I'll be right there in five. Is everything alright?" 

"Fine, just fine." Lilli lied and hung up her phone.