Choices

Stiles woke up the next morning with a huge headache. He was in his bed, his bedroom actually. He slowly crawled out of his bed and slowly walked to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked and felt pretty normal, except for the fact that his head was throbbing with pain.

It was as if he'd just woken up from a bad nightmare. Maybe he did. Maybe everything that happened the night before never actually happened. Stiles had been delusional since the nogitsune was gone. Running a shaky hand through his hair, relieved, he noticed his wrists. They were cut and bruised.

He stood there not knowing what to think. He jumped to the sound of his bedroom door swinging open.

"Stiles!" He heard a voice yell. Lydia.

"Stiles! Are you here?" He heard another one say. He knew that one too. It was Scott. Lydia's voice cut through his thoughts again, "Stiles isn't here. What happened to him?"

Stiles slow crept out his bathroom door and spoke up, his voice much weaker then expected, "I'm right here... um. What's up?" He said, not glancing over at Scott once.

"Lydia said you were dead... or dying." Scott said, noticing Stiles wouldn't look at him.

"Well, I'm neither of those... so you can leave."

"Stiles, you don't get it." Lydia joined in. "I had one of those feelings... you know, the banshee feeling. And I screamed. Stiles you're dead."

"I'm not dead! I'm right here! Don't you guys get that?" Stiles said getting angrier. He sat down on his bed and looked down at his wrists, rubbing them.

"Stiles what happened? Are you okay?" Scott asked glancing over at him.

Stiles almost gave his friend the benefit of the doubt and told him that he was fine, but then he would've been lying. "Scott, since when do you care? Last time I checked you were listening to everything Theo was telling you."

You could tell by looking at Scott's face that he was hurt by that comment. "Stiles, I care... because I care about you."

"Scott just stop telling me lies, because I won't believe them. Unlike you. You believe everything that every one tells you, without even letting someone explain themselves." Stiles spat back at him.

Scott looked up at Stiles knowing that he'd just lost his best friend. "Scott just leave me alone, okay? I'm fine." And with that comment Stiles walked out of his bedroom, leaving Scott behind with Lydia.

"What's up with him?" Lydia asked.

"I don't know... but I also don't know if he was lying or not."

"How do you not know if he was lying or not? Weren't you listening to his heartbeat?"

"That's the thing, Lydia... Stiles didn't have a heartbeat. At all."

-

Stiles stormed out of his house in anger. He pulled out of the driveway and just kept driving to who knows where. He didn't care anyway. He just didn't understand why everyone kept telling him he was dead.

He drove for about an hour, when all of sudden he pulled his jeep to a stop. In the middle of the road there was a figure. Stiles knew exactly who it was.

Theo.

Stiles opened the car door and slammed it as hard as he could. Running straight at Theo, he took him by the shirt and slammed him onto the pavement.

"What did you do to me?" Stiles screamed in Theo's face. Theo didn't respond all he did was hit Stiles sending him backwards into his jeep.

"Stiles, you really think you could beat me? The first chimera?" Theo was smiling. "You were the last chimera... the weakest."

"Don't call me weak. Tell me what you've done to me." Stiles was begging for answers now.

"Stiles you're dead."

"Stop saying that. You still haven't answered my question!" Stiles slowly got up from the ground and stood up on his feet.

"Stiles... you're smart. You tell me what we did to you." Theo said with a smile.

"Well, obviously I'm a chimera." Stiles said not removing his glare off of Theo.

"You've been hearing heartbeats all morning haven't you? That's why your head is throbbing. You've been listening to the blood pumping through everyone's veins."

Stiles panicked inside his head, how did Theo know all of this? With a stuttering voice Stiles asked, "And what's that suppose to mean?"

"You don't get it Stiles. Here's the thing. You're not actually a chimera."

"Then tell me what I am!" Stiles yelled at Theo. Stiles felt his anger rising. He clenched his fists tighter and tighter, until he felt two fangs sticking out of his canine teeth. Stiles stopped and cautiously looked up at Theo, who was smiling widely. Stiles got what Theo was trying to tell him this whole time.

"Stiles what are you?" Theo said grinning.

"A vampire." The word seemed so awkward to Stiles. With all this werewolf and chimera stuff going on, he never imagined vampires to be thrown into the mix. Now he was one.

"Stiles, you have choice to make."

"What now? Haven't you done enough?"

"You can either stay alive forever or be dead in the next hour."

"What do you mean?"

"You're not a full vampire yet Stiles."

"Good." Stiles said sarcastically. "I wouldn't want to be."

"Stiles, you're going to die if you don't become a full vampire. That's the choice you have to make."

"And what's this choice?"

"Become a full vampire by drinking human blood or died because you didn't take my offer." Theo was smiling yet again and it made Stiles angrier by the minute. "Time is running out Stiles. Make your choice."

"No."

"No what?" Theo asked.

"I'm not going to kill or hurt anyone, Theo. That's not who I am."

"Really? Like you didn't enjoy hurting people when you were the nogitsune? You loved having all that power but were to afraid to admit it." Theo tossed a bag of red liquid toward Stiles. It landed on the ground in front of him. "Okay Stiles, you won't have to hurt anyone... Yet."

"What's this?" Stiles asked but he already knew the answer.

"Blood." Theo said. "You either drink it or you die."

Stiles hesitantly looked down at the bag. He couldn't do this. And he wasn't going to do this. Stiles looked back up at Theo and then back down and the ground. His fangs were still visible and his stomach was starting to growl. Stiles couldn't control it anymore and before he knew it, he'd drank the whole package of blood.

Stiles took one more look around him, for this would be the last time he was an actual human. The last thing he remembered was passing out onto the cool hard pavement.