Ch1 - Paedophile

After escaping the wraths of Mrs

After escaping the wraths of Mrs. Bore's cries, as she thought I wanted to join her chess club, seeming as I lost track of time and ended up staying an extra 10 minutes. That will haunt me forever.

"Alexis! Alexis! Alexis! Alexis!" Screams my best friend Colton Lomax from the other side of the hall way.

"You don't have to shout!" I shriek back.

"Neither do you." He says, speed walking up to me, opening his arms for me to come to.

"I missed you." He whispers into my neck, before kissing my forehead and stepping back.

"Don't go sucky on me big guy.." I say punching his arm lightly, grinning before jumping onto him wrapping my arms around his neck.

"How was England? Had tea with the Queen yet?" I ask, using a fake British accent, and pour myself a cup of invisible tea. He shakes his head chuckling.

"How delightful!" I exclaim in a sudden found happiness.

He gives me a lopsided smile and looks at the ground.

"Hey... Hey, what's up?" I ask concerned for the sudden change in mood.

"They ripped up my books and trashed my locker." My heart drops. Colten was here on a scholarship, his family are really poor, and can only just pay the school fees even with the scholarship. If he doesn't receive straight A's and perfect bookwork, the scholarship will drop.

Hell, I had to pay for his books. Which I'm perfectly fine with, but it's just sad that ever since his Mom died, his father became an alcoholic. No abuse or anything icky like that, just not caring, no job, no nothing.

It was the bullies.

They tease him about it.

I grab his arm and walk over to his locker, which is a couple of halls away. I see his locker, standing out, dents big and small covering the metal container, like chickenpox covering your skin. It was awful. Paper was ripped into shreds and stationery was trashed.

Taking a quick glance at the several jocks who are laughing and high-fiving each other as they see our faces.

Anger pulsed through my body. Heat radiated off of me. I dropped Colten's wrist and glare at the bastards.

My voice sounds deep and bellowed "Did you do this?" I scream at them, and look down to see what they were staring at.

I was on fire.

And the weird thing is, I wasn't getting burnt. I felt perfectly fine. Remembering the picture my hand had drawn, I place my hands on top of each other and watch as the blaze grew. Once it was the size of a football, I remove one of my hands shakily. I placed it in front of me and thought

'I want it to hit them, but not kill them.'

And it blasted them. And they got burnt. A tiny bit. And by a tiny bit, I mean it shredded their clothes.