Far Away From Home: Chapter 2

It was quite terrifying. The ground was muddy, dead worms, alive worms, beetles and even a birds corpse was laying on the ground. The grass was flattened and the roses were white. I truly did not want to do this at all but what step-mother says must be done.

I took a plastic bag from the door handle and put on garden gloves. I quickly ran around and picked up the disgusting dead things. I was losing hope.

A few hours later the garden was still ugly. I sobbed softly and fell down. I'll never get done!! I sung my moms song to help me feel better....

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I looked around me and the garden started to grow lavender, the dead things lifted up and bursted into butterflies all kinds of colors. My necklace glowed bright pink.

I smiled and sung it again.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

The necklace glowed even brighter and my worn out dress slowly transformed into a white simple dress but it was beautiful with straps. I smiled lightly and a group of butterflies flew over then sat on my transforming into accessories. Even earrings! I was so satisfied and looked around.

The bushes of red, white and black roses had butterflies. It was truly a sighting. I got up and found a glass shard then looked at myself.

My eyelashes was a bit longer and curled. My cheeks had butterfly prints and sparkled in the light.

This necklace would come in handy... I got up and dusted myself off then out of the garden doors. Step-mother wasn't here in the kitchen so I listened for her rambling but nothing. She must've been gone. I laughed "Oh mother is this a dream? I can be free for the first time in forver!".

I ran to my room and danced. I could dance well really just ballet... I took out the radio from under my bed and played the same song (well the only song I could play) Sugar Plum Fairies. I spent around and smiled letting my dress flow with me.

.

.

.

The music slowed down Abigail danced slower and the step-mother approached the door slowly. Everything moved in slow-motion.

A white rabbit with a black waist coat came to the garden and checked his pocket watch quickly and looked around. The rabbit hesitatingly ate the grass and ran away. As he ran away a blue caterpillar lay against a green plant lazily.

We welcome you back Alice.