Chapter Eighteen - Here with you

"How long do I get to have you for this time?" I asked Robin quietly. We were laying in the grass somewhere near the park. I laid there with my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"A whole month," he said. His voice was relaxed and the sound of it reminded me of the crunch of leaves in the fall.

"Wow a whole entire month. What are we going to do with so much time?"

"I'm perfectly content just laying here with you."

I smiled, "Me too,"

Of course, we really didn't last that long. After only a few minutes, both of our stomachs were growling like wild animals. We laughed together and then decided to go to Annie's for lunch.

"Hey!" I familiar voice boomed as the bell rung above our heads.

"Zachary!" Robin laughed, "I thought I missed you, man!"

I slid into our booth and Robin sat next to me.

"Nah, man," Zachary said from across from us, "I leave tomorrow."

"How early?" I asked him.

"I have to be at the airport at four in the morning."

"Dude, that bites." Robin said.

"You're telling me. I was really starting to like it here."

"You just gotta come back as quick as you can." Ariel said as her click-clacky waitress shoes waltzed over to our table.

"I'm just glad that I got to see you while you're still here." Robin said. His hand slipped under the table to where my hand rested on the booth. He took it in mine and held it tight.

Since he had gotten back he wouldn't let me go. He was always holding my hand, wrapping me in his arms, linking his arm with mine, resting his arm across my shoulders, etc. It was like he couldn't believe that he was back home. He couldn't believe that I was there with him so he had to constantly remind himself that I was really there - that he wasn't dreaming all of this. Not that I complained or anything; I felt safe in his company. I loved it when he held my hand, wrapped me in his arms, linked his arm in mine, rested his arm across my shoulders, etc. I especially loved it when he would play with the ends of my hair or my robin charm.

"I'm glad too," Zachary said.

"We should all do something tonight - like one last hoorah - a double date!" Ariel suggested.

"Like what?" I asked her.

"Like..." she paused, "Like we could go clubbing!"

"No," Robin, Zachary, and I said in unison.

Ariel sighed, "Then we could...I don't know..."

"Didn't a new ice cream shop just open? We could go there." I suggested.

"I like ice cream." Robin said.

"Yes, ice cream is good." Zachary said.

"You guys would seriously rather get ice cream than go clubbing?" Ariel asked us. By her tone I could just tell that she had her hands on her hips.

"Yeah," we all said in unison, and then laughed.

"Will you read me the menu?" I asked Robin. Later that night we stood in line at the new ice cream parlor, Dairy Dreams. Robin and I were hand in hand and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"They have chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, pina colada, blue moon, pistachio, coffee, mint chocolate chip, peanut butter, and cherry."

"Mmm...this is tough. What are you thinking?"