Prologue

Life and Death is a funny thing. They are two sides of the same coin. Only a coin flip away from each other. You can die and live in eternity, or live like you are dead. Of course, that is not the case with everyone. But it is sad, to say, that it is the case with a lot, if not most of the population of the world. Most prefer to live like they are dead, but we can't ignore the huge amount of people who would rather die and live in eternity.

Most people don't show this side of themselves, and those who do, are very often than not termed as 'ill' and 'mad' just because of expressing themselves. We, very unfortunately, live in a world where wounds and cuts and damage are only treated when they can be seen. Nobody cares about the wounds and cuts and damage in us.

And if that is not enough, there is even more sad news for you.

Even when these, cuts and wounds are seen and treated, there is a very silly competition there. And yes, you heard it right, a competition. In this Competition, those who are severely affected are the ones who come out victorious. Nobody cares, about the ones who are less severely affected or who show less of it. Want an example? Go check the numerous social media sites we humans are active in. You will find it right their. The silent cries for help.

And if that's not bad enough, there is sexism, even in a thing as delicate as this.

There has been so many instances where a male person, has felt like he has no right to ask for help just because of his gender. The gender 'Male' is often considered as 'masculine', 'strong' and a ton of similar adjectives. And to prove this 'masculinity' he is told to never appear weak, never ask for help, never do something like the 'females' would do. This exact fact is what has led us to believe that the masculine gender, is never affected by mental illness. Which in reality a lot of them have.

And this is why I write this story.

To show that, anyone, irrespective of there, gender, can get affected by mental illness. And if, like any other person, not properly treated can lead to anything.

XXSSXX

So, this is my new story! This is going to be a short story.

I will update every Monday and Wednesday! However, the 2nd chapter of the week will be posted along with the 1st chapter of the week on Radish for free, so if you want, you can get early access to it and read it there. It's there under the same name.

What do you think will be happening in the story? Do comment and let me know! And do not forget to vote if you like it!

Happy Reading!

Srijoni