Tres

Tres

Dear Diary,

They found out. They found out that I write. And their reaction was exactly what I had expected.

Today, when I was leaving 5th Hour, everyone was whispering when I passed by them. This was unusual; nobody had talked to me, let alone behind me, for ages. I didn't pay heed to it all that much.

I met Zoe after 6th Hour. She was frantic when she saw me. The first thing, she said to me, was why I hadn't told her that I write.

That is when it dawned on me. That is why they were whispering behind my back; because they found out that I write. I was upset, I still am.

And the worst thing is, I don't even have any idea how they found out.

They next thing that left Zoe's mouth, was what made me from upset to pissed.

She asked me if I was gay. When I asked her why she asked, she answered that it was because I write. I got mad at that, really mad.

I hate this notion in our school that if boys do things like writing, singing, dancing etc. they are automatically considered to be 'gay' or a 'freak' because apparently, these things are 'feminine' and boys are supposed to do 'manly' things, like play football.

I wonder who made this rule. Who differentiated 'feminine' things from 'manly' things? Do common things, like writing and playing, come with a label, differentiating feminine from manly? Am I the only person who can't see this label?

Maybe, others can see this factor and just ignore it like everything else. I don't know.

But what I do know is that this needs to stop.

Yes, I may be confused about my sexuality, but I am not letting a simple thing such as writing, figure it out for me. And I am surely not letting, the fact that I was called a 'freak and gay' , stop me from pouring my heart out to these pages, let it be through journals, poems or stories.

Yours sincerely,
Noah

XXSSXX

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. School started and I was too swamped into assignments to find time to update. I know my next update, is supposed to be tomorrow, but I don't think that I will update tomorrow as I am not completely satisfied with the chapter. Instead, I will update it on Friday, because I will probably finish writing it till then. I hope you don't mind!

So what are your thoughts on the story now? What do you think is going to happen? More specifically, what do you think about the matter talked about in the chapter: stereotypes? Do you believe in these or do they disgust you? I would love to hear from you!

Do show some love, if you liked it. it would make my day!

All the love, S.