Excerpt 2: Chy

"They.....they shot you!", I said, tears coming to my eyes under my visor, "I watched them put a bullet in your head! I watched you die!?"

Chy looked up at me, a smile on her face. She pointed to a huge crack scar in her visor, the exit wound. She then reached out and pulled me into a hug.

"Where have you been all this time!?", I cried into her shoulder.

"I went to Bespin and joined the military", Chy said, "hoping I could track you down. And after all these years."

"You finally found me", I said looking into her eyes.

"I did", she smiled pulling me into a kiss. It had been so, so long since we kissed, something I thought I would never experience again. I was certain I would never find anyone else that loved me like she did, but now, I didn't need to. Even if it was all down hill from here, I would face it as long as I her and my friends by my side.

After what had to be about five minutes, Chy pulled away from me and hugged me.

"I missed you my boy", she said quietly.

"I missed you too baby girl", I said pulling her tightly to me.

"So your Chy?", James asked walking up to us, "Skyline told us about you."

"He did did he?", Chy asked as we stood up, "what he say?"

James shook his head, "he just said your "death" is what gave him the guts to finally kill those men and escape."

Chy looked at me, "did you, did you really kill them?"

"Oh I cut them to pieces", I said, "me thinking you were dead was the last nail in their coffin. But let's not dwell on the past. Are you here by yourself or with your unit?"

"By myself now", Chy sighed, "when my unit first came, there were 15 of us, two weeks ago there were 8, now it's just me. It's been one disaster after another since that Missile hit."

"Missile?", I asked.

She nodded, "Bespin had a pact with the Government of Ania, when they need help, we send it. It was two days after we arrived that the missile smashed into the city, spreading whatever the hell this virus is in a green mushroom cloud."

"Staff Sargent", Sarah said stepping forward, "permission to interject?"

"Of course", Chy said.

"My name is Sarah, I'm a biologist working for Biosphere labs, the chemical contained in the missile was Agent 41, a deadly virus that is a cross breed of two gene splicing bacteria, The missile was launched by a man named Doctor Martin Denis, a man who attempted to use the virus to mutate and "perfect" humans."

Chy sighed, 'doesn't seem like it worked too well...or at least not any more."

"Anymore?", I asked.

"When the creatures first hit, they were so quick we thought they were just Primals, but then about four days later, they stopped and fell over, we thought they were dead, but then two days after that, they got back up, slow, stubborn and refuse to fall to anything short of a head shot, "Chy explained.

"I think I know why", Sarah said, "Martin said once or twice that he had some kind of telekinetic control over the infected. I remember him saying that he worked a fail safe into the virus so that if he lost control it would keep spreading. It's possible that when Skyline killed him and removed that telekinetic link, that the virus mutated into a different strain, I can find out for sure, but I need much better lab equipment than a 1st grade chemistry set."

Chy sighed, "it doesn't really matter at this moment, what matter's is getting to safety, and this place isn't safe. Grab your gear and follow me."