I. In Which I Get Hit In The Head By A Rogue Broomstick

TANIA

Getting hit in the head by a rogue broomstick wasn't exactly the first thing on my to-do list for today.

"What the—" I started, trying to swat away the broom but with no avail as Lou Ellen came bursting out of the Hecate cabin, pale cheeks flushed and flyaway strands of bubblegum pink hair pushing their way out of her carefully done ponytail.

"Sorry." Lou Ellen exclaimed, grabbing the broomstick in her hand and giving me an apologetic glance as I awkwardly waved my hand at her.

She smiled at me once, her free hand falling to her side, brushing her paint splattered rainbow coloured jeans before walking back into her cabin muttering something about incantations and spells.

It sounded like gibberish to me.

I started the walk towards the pavilion before hearing the shouts of an enraged camper,

"How dare you do this to me!
I'll get my revenge just you wait and see!
I can't talk like this all day.
Why I may have no time to play."

Looking over at the poor victim of the Apollo children I stifled a giggle. It was Fern and in my opinion it was always nice to hear Fern talk in rhymes. Yes, I said always. She wasn't exactly the easiest person to get along with if you know what I mean.

Let me introduce you. Fern Castaway, daughter of Demeter also known as my sister who hates my guts.

Yes, my sister, not my half sister. Same mom, same dad. We are sisters. Now that we've got that established let's move onto the fact that I have no clue as to why she hates me other than the fact that she is basically a replica of Drew Tanaka.

Don't know who Drew is? Consider yourself lucky.

"Watch out!" I heard a voice call and I snapped back into reality just as a basketball came flying through the air, hitting me in the stomach causing me to fall over. Hard.

Not again, I thought, groaning at the situation at hand.

I slowly got up off of the ground and stood up, grateful that the basketball hadn't hit my mouth and bent up my already-sore teeth that had just gotten braces.

I could see Cecil jogging towards me. "Sorry 'bout that." He said, retrieving the basketball that had run astray.

"It's alright." I said, "I seem to be having the worst of luck today, first I got hit in the head by a broomstick spell gone wrong by Lou Ellen and now—"

"Lou Ellen?" Cecil interrupted, his face turning a light pink and I looked at him, a playful expression on my face.

"You should ask her out." I said but Cecil paled shook his head violently as if he had just come face-to-face with Eros himself.

"N-No, she doesn't like me in that way." He managed to stutter out and I rolled my eyes.

It was so freaking obvious that the two had the hots for each other but gods the two of them were both so oblivious.

"Cecil, c'mon and hurry up already." Someone called, breaking me out of my romantic thoughts. We both turned to see a boy, Denver was the name, standing with an impatient look on his face.

He turned to look at me. "Sorry lady-with-the-weird-hairdo, but Cecil and I are playing a game of basketball and if you'll kindly excuse us..." He trailed off and Cecil gave me an apologetic look before running after Denver.

"Well hello to you mister rude." I muttered under my breath and stopped walking, suddenly forgetting why I had left my cabin to go to the pavilion.

Why am I so forgetful? I wondered, clenching my fists together as a bunch of small daisies popped up beside my foot: courtesy of my dear old mother Demeter.

I racked my brain for an explanation before remembering that the full name of the pavilion was the "Dining Pavilion"

Oops.

I could see the pavilion just up ahead. There were plenty of demigods (and demigodess' if you like to get fancy) sitting and eating.

I took a seat at the Demeter cabin's table and asked one of the wood nymph's for my food: a simple bunch of grapes and a sandwich. I wasn't going to overdo it and make the poor nymph have to get even more food because, quite frankly, I felt bad making someone get my food for me.

As soon as my order appeared was delivered I got up and walked over to the pavilion fire to scrape off some of my food for the gods.

You wouldn't think that anyone would like burnt food but hey, I wasn't quite ready to be on the receiving end of a rogue gods' temper.

Returning to my table I wished for some lemonade from the magical goblet and it appeared, filling the shiny glass up to the brim with the yellowy substance.

I took a sip then immediately wished that I had ordered some Coke for the lemonade was very sickly sweet but I didn't want the goblet to get confused and to explode while bursting into flames like what happened to a young child of Apollo one day. Let's just say that there was plenty of running and screaming with a couple months of dish duty handed out by an extremely agitated centaur.

Finishing up my meal I stood up, chatting with one of my half-sisters and together we went over to the Demeter cabin.

I took an intake of breath, I absolutely loved how the Demeter cabin smelt: fresh with the plant-of-the-day out on display.

Hey, that rhymed.

Today it just so happened to be the famous Japanese cherry blossoms and let me tell you that these were something that I would never get tired of sniffing.

I grabbed a watering can from the dirt covered floor beside me and walked back out into the sunny temperature.

With the watering can firmly clenched in my grip I started to water the outside plants.

When I thought that they had enough I went back into my cabin to chill for the few hours and then go to bed.

I wasn't wanting to forget and have the harpies come to eat me, that was for certain.

Little did I know just how important that night was going to be.

~

Hey there!

So I'm trying to write a fanfic as non-cliché as possible so if you see anything even remotely cliché please tell me lol.

Thanks for giving this book a chance, I'll try to update when I have time but please keep in mind that I'm super busy so I may only update once a month sometimes.

Sorry.

I know that my writing isn't very good. At all. But do you know how long it took me to look up how the pavilion worked and such?

A long time...

Bye my lovely people,
       ~xXGirlOfTheNightXx