II. Travis Deals Illegal Cheese Whiz

TANIA

I knew that it wasn't real the second I saw my mother's picture perfect face staring at me.

Knew that what wasn't real? This dream or whatever world or dimension that I was currently inhabiting.

Why, you may ask, why did I assume that it wasn't real.

Well let me tell you.

It was because the gods didn't exactly care for their children, it wasn't in their nature to do anything for them. Heck I had never seen my mother before other than in the glossy pages of my Greek mythology book, covered by my free fall of tears as I wondered why she had left me.

So yeah, you could say that I had been harbouring up some not-so-pleasant feelings for my so called 'mother' ever since she had abandoned me on my father's doorstep.

There was no note, nothing. Just me in a basket.

A basket.

Yes, a basket.

She could've at least sent me someway cooler like, I don't know, riding on a horse or something with me in a mini cowgirl costume.

Biting back some words that wouldn't be categorized as 'pleasant' I looked over at Demeter who was looking at me, her face seized up as if she was in pain.

"M—mom?" I asked, my voice small as I stared at the woman.

"Tania." She said urgently and I bit back a sarcastic remark about how I couldn't believe that she knew my name.

"I'm in trouble," She started. "Phemes has captured me and—" she was cut off by a loud crashing sound and disappeared suddenly, leaving me completely submerged under water that I had just realized was engulfing me whole.

I spluttered, trying to rise to the surface but to no avail, it was as if some unknown source was pulling me down, trapping me at the bottom of this watery grave.

I started to get woozy, as if I was about to fall asleep and slowly everything started to fade, it was all disappearing, going away, leaving me alone, trapped...

I woke up, gasping for breath, quite literally, noticing that the whole of the Demeter cabin was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Are you all right?" Katie asked hesitantly, fiddling with her hands, her brown eyes filled with worry and concern.

"I'm fine." I mumbled, feeling my face burn red from all of the stares that, frankly, I was certainly not feeling in the mood for.

You could say that I felt a little hurt. "Thanks a lot mother." I muttered while putting on my orange Camp Half Blood shirt and a pair of shorts considering the sweltering heat of the summer.

What made me feel hurt was the fact that the one and only time my mother dearest had decided to contact me it was because she was in some kind of godly mess that she, no doubt, had laid upon herself.

I could hear some of my sibling shouting about which plants would look better at the front of the small cabin. Rolling my eyes I exited the homey yet beautiful Demeter cabin, walking out into the scorching sun as I looked around for the Big House.

I had to tell Chiron about my dream.

If I didn't give him the message things could get a little...ugly from my oh-so-lovely relatives. I shuddered, remember the child of Hypnos that had had a dream about his father's missing something-or-other and didn't tell Chiron.