Chapter Fifteen - Final Chapter

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

Noah reluctantly walked across camp to where Bear was building his new tree house. He found Angelina sitting up on the platform with Bear as he nailed up a new board.

"Bear...Angelina," he called up to them. They looked down at him without a word. "I need to talk to you."

They got down from the tree house and came to stand in front of him.

"What's up, bro?" Bear questioned.

"Can I talk to you in private?" he asked.

"Sure. Angel, why don't you just wait here? Noah and I are going to talk in his tent," Bear said to Angel.

Noah and Bear walked off to his tent and entered in silence.

"What did you have to talk to me about?" Bear wondered.

Noah let out a sigh and sat down at his workbench. He looked up at his older brother, hoping that this conversation wouldn't ruin their relationship.

"Do you remember the conversation we had yesterday?" he asked.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I'm in love with Angelina..." he trailed off.

Bear just stared at his brother. Then a smile appeared on his face. "Are you really?"

"Yes, I realized that today while we were on our hike. I feel more for her than I ever felt for Christie. I finally realize what it feels like to find your soul mate."

Bear smirked. "Alright, I'll back off. I like the girl, but I don't think my feelings for her will ever compare to yours. And I'm not letting your "soul mate" pass you by. I'm glad you found somebody Noah. But tell me...did you kiss her?"

The younger brother blushed. "I don't kiss and tell."

He let out a chuckle. "You just gave yourself away. Anyways, I'll go back and send Angel your way. Good luck. And once again, I'm happy for you. More, bro."

"More," Noah called after him as he exited the tent.

He waited for what seemed like forever when he finally heard the door move to the side. He looked over and saw Angel walk through the door. He couldn't help but to stare at her. She looked absolutely beautiful today, her black hair bouncing on her shoulders with every step.

"Bear said you wanted to talk to me," she said. She came to a stop in front of him, her hands on her hips. "What is it?"

Noah stood up and offered her his seat. She shook her head and remained standing. He cleared his throat and put his hands by his side.

"What is it, Noah?" she asked again.

He was quiet, not saying a word. He didn't know how to word this. He didn't have much experience with women and expressing his feelings. He had never been in love before.

"Spit it out!" she finally yelled, frustrated.

"I'm in love with you!" he exclaimed quickly and then slapped his hands over his mouth.

Angel stood stock still, shocked by his statement.

"You...what?" she tried to clarify.

He moved his hands off of his mouth. He approached her and grabbed her hands, looking down at them as he turned them around and around in his hands.

"I'm in love with you, Angelina," he murmured, looking her in the eyes for the first time since she entered the tent.

"Uh...I...I..." she started, but then stopped. "I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. I just want you to know how I feel. And I want to have a chance with you."

"A chance with me?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I know Bear has already asked you to be his, but I would like a chance to prove to you that I can be the one," he explained.

There was a long silence before she spoke. "You've proven to me since the beginning that you're the one," she nearly whispered.

Noah's heart skipped a beat when he heard her speak those words.

"Did I just hear you correctly?" he questioned.

She didn't answer him with words. Instead, she reached her hands up and cupped his cheeks, pulling his head down to hers. She pressed her lips to his, giving him the answer he was hoping he would get.

"I'm in love with you, too," she mumbled against his lips. "I fell for you the moment you told me you wanted to know more about my life. Nobody has cared enough to get to know me. To try to help me through it all. It really means a lot that you've tried to help me through this. And it all hit me today when you came with me to visit my brother...I love you, Noah. I care for your brother, but I love YOU."

She pressed her lips to his once more and then pulled away quickly.

"Oh my god, your brother! What are we going to tell him?" she panicked.

He chuckled. "I already talked to him. He told me that you're all mine to have."

She bit her lip with a smile.

"I was so lucky to find you, my little bush blessing," he murmured into her ear as he pulled her into a hug.

"No, I was lucky to find you. And I have my parents and brother to thank for sending me here," she told him.

"Yes, we do have them to thank, indeed."

"I love you Noah Brown."

"And I love you Angelina. Now...about us living in this tent together..."

She groaned. "I knew you would say something about that."

"Come on, let's go tell my family and discuss options," he beckoned her out of the tent.

"Whatever your heart desires," she said, following after him, a large smile on her face.

Nothing could be better than this.

~COPYRIGHT 2016~