II. Operation Gatecrasher Part 2

"No matter what happens, we must not surrender. Protect XCOM HQ! Protect the Commander!"
~Colonel Jorge Davila rallying his troops; Day XCOM HQ was attacked

February 17, 2035; Advent City Center London; 10:00 P.M

(Hope Smith's "Reaper" POV)

Well, it's official. I hate this mission. Yeah sure, there will be worse ones. But for my first official mission with XCOM, I thought that it would be easier.

Boy was I wrong.

So very wrong.

I wasn't scared, just...surprised.

We were driving to the mission site, an Advent Gene Bank, to recover an important package. Central was driving, while Janet, a.k.a my best friend for life, was in the passenger seat. I was in the back.

There were only two options in the back, sleep or think. Since I was on a mission, and therefore couldn't sleep, I just thought about my life so far up to this point.

I was born on January 1, 2013. My mother was a cardiologist and my father was a general in the Japanese army. After the Fall of Earth, my father swore allegiance to Advent, and became a valued commander in their army. On August 28, 2020, when I was seven years old, my mother was accused of treason. My father killed her personally. He then began to abuse and beat me. I found refuge with my group of friends, the Gamer Blue. Janet was the only one who knew about the beatings. At age 18...

"S***!" Central exclaimed, pulling me from my thoughts, "Advent Patrol up ahead!"

I looked out the front window. An Advent Police Truck was up ahead, also about 20 or so Advent Troopers.

"Drive around them!" Janet yelled.

"They're between us and our mission! I'm ramming them!"

"What?!" I yelled, "Are you f*****g serious?!"

"Hand me an X4 charge Janet," he said, ignoring me.

"Here," She pulled out a charge and gave it to Central.

He planted it on the dashboard. "Now, when I give the order, jump out of the car."

I took off my seatbelt. "This is bulls**t!"

We sped over to the patrol. A Trooper noticed us. "Halt!" He cried.

"Jump!"

F**k me.

I jumped out of the car, rolling on the asphalt. Shots rang over me as the Troopers fired on the car. The car crashed into the Truck and...

Boom...

The explosion was so huge, and I was so unprepared, that it sent me flying back a little. I was lying on the road with my back up. My ears were ringing. Smoke was everywhere. I was coughing uncontrollably. I looked up.

Fire was raging everywhere. The car and the truck were obliterated. About 12 Troopers were killed. Orange blood was everywhere and...

Wait, what the f***? Orange Blood?

I've never actually seen an Advent Trooper bleed, not personally anyway. So the sight of orange-colored blood coming directly from the Troopers, especially when it's advertised that Advent Soldiers have Red Blood shocked me.