Chapter 23

There stands Sergio.

Se: you broke up with Cody?
Me: Yea like 2 weeks ago.
Se: Why? He loves you!
Me: He hit me!
Se: He what?
Me: He. Hit. Me.
Se: I'm gonna kill him
Me: Sam took care of it.
Se: Sam. Sam? You're the asshole that cheated on her?
S: well I- she- we-
Me: Sergio stop. Go home.
Se: You're seriously back with the guy that cheated on you? Are you serious? Are you that stupid? Ever hear the saying 'once a cheater, always a cheater'? Yea well you should listen to it.

I stand there shocked as Sergio walks to his car and gets in, speeding off. Sam looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

S: How did he- Who tol- what?
Me: Cody.
S: Oh.

Sam closes the door. I walk away, into the kitchen. I grab a water bottle from the fridge and lean on the island. 'Once a cheater, always a cheater' those words repeated in my head. Benny walks into the kitchen not noticing me. He goes into the fridge and mumbles curse words under his breath.

Me: Hey Ben?

He jumps back and looks at me.

B: holy shit.

I can't help but let a small giggle slip through my lips.

Me: Sorry
B: It's okay
Me: Are you okay?
B: Everything is perfect.

I can literally taste the sarcasm in the air. I stay silent looking at him, waiting for the actual answer. He sighs and shuts the fridge.

B: I don't want to talk about it. I'm going to the store for the house, want anything.
Me: No I'm good, thanks.

He tilts his head to the side a bit.

B: are you okay?

I look down then back at him. In a low whisper I ask him a question I knew I'd regret.

Me: do you think Sam would cheat on me again?

His eyes widen at my choice of words. I can tell his mind is stumbling with words to say. Then he sighs.

B: Honestly Sab, I have no idea.
Me: I mean my brother just came and said 'once a cheater-
B: Yea I know, I heard. But do you think Sam would cheat on you again?

I hesitantly shrug not knowing what to say.

B: we'll just have to see. Now I'm going to the store. See ya.
Me: bye

He walks out and goes to Sam asking if he wanted anything as well but Sam decides to tagalong. I sigh deeply as I look out the window to see both boys getting in the car.

-

After about an hour the boys finally get home.

Me: Hey
B: Hi

Sam just looks at me then walks into the kitchen. This can't be good.

After they put everything away, Benny runs upstairs. Sam walks upstairs, still completely ignoring me. I follow him.

Me: Sam

No reply

Me: Sam.

Still no reply. He walks into our room and I continue to follow.

Me: Samuel, answer me.

He turns to look at me then walks to the door and slams it shut. I flinch at his sudden action. He turns back around and glares at me. Breathing heavily. His chest raising fast. In a low angrily whisper he starts speaking.

S: Are you fucking serious?
Me: What?
S: Are you fucking serious?
Me: What?!
S: you asked my brother if I would cheat on you again?!

I stand still.

S: Why would I?! Huh?! Why would I cheat on you again?! Tell me!
Me: Why did you cheat on me in the first place?! If you didn't fucking cheat on me none of this would have happened! If you just kept your dick in your pants we would be living the life we planned if you hadn't cheated on me!
S: You wanna know why I did it?! You want the truth?!
Me: That's what I've always wanted!

He let's out a nonchalant laugh.

S: You got boring! You never wanted to try anything new! You were too jealous! And you never trusted me! You never let me be me! I wouldn't drink because you didn't like it! I wouldn't smoke because you didn't like it! I didn't party because you didn't like it! I did all that for you and you wouldn't do one thing for me! It got on my nerves and I couldn't take it anymore! You wanted the truth and I gave it to you! Happy?!

I stare at him. In a low whisper.

Me: I loved you.
S: Obviously I didn't!

Taken aback by his words I continue to stare at him. Then I remember.

Me: I did a lot for you. I CHANGED for you! I dyed my hair! I wasted my money just to keep up with my hair and my nails! I changed the way I did things for you! I lost friends because of you! I gave up my virginity for you! I got boring?! All you wanted to do was have sex! Sex! Sex! Sex! Nothing else was on your mind! Everything was about sex!

By the end of my speech I noticed I was crying. I cry hard and lower my voice to a whisper. He's staring straight at me.

Me: I gav- I gave up every last bit of innocence I had for you. So don't say I didn't give you anything. I did all that because I thought you loved me. I was wrong. Like always.

I walk out of the room and down the stairs. I grab my phone off the couch and walk outside. I get in my car and drive away.

Me: Why am I so stupid?

I close my eyes for what felt like a minute. When I open my eyes, I'm not in my car anymore.

--

This chapter took so long and I'm so sorry. But I hope this made up for it.
A lot has been on my mind and I had complete writers block.

Qotd:
Where is Sabrina?