A Jedi Guard

The last person seeking council left the throne room. Every day you accepted a plethora of your kingdom's citizens looking for your wisdom and fairness in disputes or problems that plagued them, as expected of the Queen. The line was exceptionally long today, and most of your morning passed by the time you finished.
Just as you collapsed into the large throne, the door opened again, making you sit up and try to make yourself presentable for whomever may be arriving.
"It's only me, your highness." Kairha, your personal body guard and friend, quickly closed the door behind her and swiftly made her way to the throne. She stopped at your feet and bowed deeply before straightening and giving you a wide smile. You relaxed into the throne again, glad for her presence.
"Yes, Kairha? What do you need?"
Your friend tilted her head and pressed her lips together, a sign that you might not like what she had to say. Indeed, you were right, "Wellll... It's not so much something I need, but rather something you need. To know."
You sat up again, and replied warily, "Whaaat? What did you do Kairha?" She shifted her weight, gripping the blaster at her hip and blew a piece of her wavy blonde hair from her face before answering, "Your majesty is aware that the Clone Wars are worsening."
"I am..."
"And the kingdom, not to mention the entire system, is growing uneasy. Most people believe that with your previous entanglement with the Jedi," your eyes narrowed at the mention of your old life. Kairha knew not to bring up those memories unless absolutely necessary. She acknowledged your slight glare with a nod, but continued nonetheless, "That you might be a target for the Federation or their patrons... The Sith..." You exhaled heavily and looked away, slightly more than annoyed with the mention of the evil organization that wanted to take over the Galaxy. The chief of your guard quieted and added, "Though there are some rumors that perhaps your highness would have joined the Sith after abandoning the Jedi..." You turned back to your friend and quickly replied, "You know I would never–"
"Yes. I know that your majesty, but the rumors are gathering some traction. You have been threatened."
You stood and waved off the statement, "Those are hardly worth our concern."
"There was an attempt on your life last week!"
"A coincidence, I'm sure!"
Kairha stomped her foot and glared at you, tightening her grip on her blaster, "Don't be stupid, Y/N! You're not stupid enough to ignore this any longer!" After a moment, you sighed, knowing she was right. You stepped down from the platform your throne sat on and stood in front of your friend, finally admitting, "Fine. You're right. What do you propose? We could increase security around the palace–"
"No. You need a professional guard. A Jedi guard."
You scoffed, "I hardly think I need a Jedi guard! I am perfectly capable of handling myself; I trained in the ways of the Jedi before becoming a Queen, if you remember. I have my own light saber! I have you!" You smiled at your friend, hoping she would take the compliment and forget the idea about calling the Jedi to protect you. Kairha frowned and replied without emotion, "I know that you are capable in a one-on-one battle against any foe your majesty, but that won't exactly help if someone attempts to blow you up."
You held up your finger to get her attention, then pointed at yourself and replied matter-of-factly, "Force sensitive." Kairha wasn't impressed. You sighed again, "Fine. Fine. I assume you've already put in the request for the guard? When should I expect them?"
Your friend tilted her head, replying, "Umm... I think right about now, actually."
"What?!" Just then, the throne room doors opened to reveal the two Jedi that would be protecting you. You gasped as you made eye contact with someone you hadn't seen in a very long time. "Obi-Wan?" You whispered to yourself, seeming to lose your ability to breathe for a moment.
The Jedi Master had a beard and shorter hair now, and what once was a boy, now a young man, trailed a few feet behind him. Anakin. No longer a padawan, and with hair much longer than you remembered. Still frozen in your spot, your lost love and his former apprentice continued to come closer. Obi-Wan's eyes bore into yours, never breaking contact, full of an intensity you couldn't quite place. Finally, they stopped in front of you. Kairha began to introduce them, "My Queen, this is your new personal Jedi guard. Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Anakin Skywalker. Jedi, this is Queen–"
"Yes, we have met. We were in the Order together." Obi-Wan's voice shook you to your core and made your knees weak. You never thought you'd hear it again.
Somehow you managed to get your voice and body to work again and you bowed stiffly to the Jedi Master, barely muttering, "Master Obi-Wan." Then you turned to Anakin as he joined the three of you, seeming to have been held up by something. When you saw the face of the young man, you couldn't help your own face from bursting into a grin as you threw your arms around him and exclaimed enthusiastically, "Anakin! I'm so glad to see you again! I missed you so much!" The young Jedi returned the hug, giving a questioning glance over your head to his friend beside him, who's shoulders slumped in a disappointed way. You pulled away from Anakin as Kairha cleared her throat and said, "Well, I'm glad you are all familiar with each other, but I hoped we could go over some strategic planning in the war room? If you don't mind?"
"Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Anakin, will you go with the Commander to to war room? I'd like a moment with the Queen." Obi-Wan stepped toward you, pleading with his eyes that you wouldn't object. You bit your lip and turned to see Kairha raise an eyebrow. You took a deep breath and replied, "Yes. Kairha, please escort Anakin there, and we'll catch up later." You forced a reassuring smile that she didn't buy for a second, and turned away to face your old friend.
You heard Kairha lead Anakin away, giving her apologies for the war room being under construction, considering that before the Clone Wars your kingdom hadn't even had a war room.
As their voices tapered off, you led Obi-Wan onto a small balcony adjoining the throne room. For a moment, you both simply stood in silence, admiring the view of your kingdom. You couldn't bear to look at your old friend, and almost cringed when he spoke up, "Y/N, I'm sorry." You turned to look at him, your eyebrows drawing together in confusion.
"What do you have to be sorry for? Kairha is the one who invited you and Anakin here. I hardly think you had anything to do with that. She's stubborn and rebellious on her own–"
"No, Y/N. I'm sorry that I drove you away."
"Oh," you looked away as you replied, realizing what he was referring to. The day you left him and Anakin behind. Obi-Wan was still apologizing, "I'm sorry that I forced you out of the Order. That I ruined our friendship. I never intended for that to happen. You must know that."
He took your hands in his, making you look up at him again.
You regretted telling him that he drove you away, it was your feelings that did it. He couldn't help that. It had nothing to do with that day. Quickly, you reassured him, "Obi-Wan, no. No, that's not why– You didn't drive me away. I left because... Because of my feelings for you..." You pulled your hands out of his and turned back to look out at your kingdom.
"What?" He stared at you, a million thoughts racing through his head. He held his breath, waiting for you to explain. Hesitantly, you did, "I–I left because I loved you... Because I still do..." You took a sharp intake of breath and squinted your eyes shut, accepting whatever fate this admission had for you.
It was silent for a moment before Obi-Wan breathed, "I–I always thought you loved Anakin, with how much time you spent with him and doted on him." Looking over at your old friend, you laughed, "You know that Anakin has only ever loved Padmé, whether it is wise for him to or not. And I, on the other hand, I have only ever loved you." Obi-Wan let out a deep sigh, and tilted your chin so that you would look at him. He asked, "Oh, Y/N. Why didn't you tell me this earlier? If only I had known. I would've left the Jedi Order for you."
You jerked away from him, indignantly replying, "Shut up. I didn't want that. I didn't want to tear you away from your entire life, just for some girl. Besides, this is better for the both of us... Out of sight, out of mind."
At first, Obi-Wan was startled by your out burst, but he quickly recovered. Reaching out to you again, he replied, "Y/N, you have never once left my mind. Ever since the moment you took off from Coruscant, my thoughts have only been about you. Y/N, you have to understand, I have loved you since we were padawans. I still do."
Your chest swelled with hope and happiness for what he was saying. And before you knew what was happening, Obi-Wan's lips pressed against yours. The kiss was light and sweet, barely there, but still sent sparks through you. Without thinking, you kissed back, relishing the moment you had always been waiting for. But suddenly, you came to your senses and pulled away, breathlessly scolding Obi-Wan, "What are we doing?! You're still a Jedi, and I'm a queen! We can't–"
"I know! I know..." He cursed under his breath, hating the rules and barriers that continued to keep you both apart. He wanted so badly to just ignore them all and be with you, and yet responsibilities still called. Knowing all of this yourself, you added, "You and Anakin are my protectors. That is all this is, and all it should be. I suggest you join Kairha and Anakin in the War Room, they must be wondering about us. Tell Kairha I'll be in my chambers." You turned your back from him and stared out at your kingdom once more, desperately trying to hold back tears as you gripped the railing.
"Y/N–" He attempted to comfort you, sensing your pain, and reached out to place a hand on your shoulder, like he always did when you were both still Jedi.
"Obi-Wan, please... Just go..." Your voice cracked and you willed him away with your thoughts. Finally, he seemed to oblige. With a sigh he began to leave and replied quietly, "As you wish, Your Highness."
As his footsteps receded, tears began to slip down your cheeks. Even as you watched your kingdom shine in the beautiful sunlight, it still seemed as if everything was falling apart.

You know what's fun? Making your's and Obi-Wan's relationship a lot like Anakin's and Padmé's. Lol. Sorry. This is literally that scene where they kiss and she's all like oh no! I shouldn't have done that! We can't be together!
It's even on a freaking balcony overlooking your kingdom! Yikes, this is a bad story.