chapter 18

Sophie's POV

I had woken up in a hospital room. The last thing I remembered was my mother on the ground and and my father grabbing my ankle making me fall feeling a pounding in my head. My niebors calling 911 and the sirens were heard as soon as everything went black.

I remember opening my eyes and seeing Hunter with his head down and he was holding my hand. He didn't see me wake-up before I felt a sting and I blacked out again.

  I woke up to see a nurse. She had called the doctor in and they took a few test on me. They called my Aunt Abby and Uncle Freddy.

They came into the hospital room a few hours later with Henry. My aunt hugged me and tried to be as gentle as she could be. I smiled her and she smiled back with tears in her eyes before kissing my forehead.

"I'm so glad you're okay."

I smiled at her. Uncle Freddy hugged me and kissed my forehead giving me a smile and  I smiled back. I loved that about my uncle Freddy. He always would be the rock in this family. He also made you feel like no matter what kind of problem you have, it would eventually get better.

Then I could feel my heart break when I saw my little bud standing there. When I met his eyes and smiled at him he smiled back.

"Where's my hug little man?" I said holding my arms out for him.

He ran over to the bed and hugged me. I smiled and kissed his cheek. Soon we pulled apart. Then, I realized something I needed to know.

"Aunt Abby? "

"What is it sweetie?"

"What happened to them?" Them meaning my biological parents.

"They were sent to the hospital and once they get out they are in jail."

"What, how did they get in for? There was no evidence besides the bruises and marks."

"Our niebors had a camera that caught everything. You're safe now sweet heart."

I nodded and Hugged her again. The one who really was my mother. She was the one who treated me like her own child.

"When can I go home?" I asked once she told me I only had been out for one day and it was Saturday afternoon.

"Two days. Then you can return to school on Tuesday. "

I nodded, "Does everyone know I'm awake yet?"

"Yeah, Dream and Anthony are on their way here."

Shortly after Dream came in with Anthony and they group hugged me. I laughed as they squeezed me. Once they released me I looked at Dream, " I'm sorry we can't have our sleep over."

She smiled and said, "Who said we couldn't have it here?"

She winked and then smiled at me making me and Anthony laugh. She had something going on in that head of hers.

Anthony looked at me, "Where's Hunter?'

I looked at Dream and Anthony with a confused expression, "What about Hunter?" I knew he was here last night but I thought he didn't want to be with me because of my awful past. He looked irritated last night.

"He was here last night. The nurse said he was holding your hand and actually crying. He cares about you more than I thought."

I sighed and lad my head down. I can't drag him into this. My haunted past will always be with me no matter what and I was dragging him down. He was waisting his time on me last night. I would have to push him away to let him go out with anyone else who didn't drag him into her troubles. Someone he didn't have to worry about all the time. I wanted him to have that even if I wanted him to myself.

Soon after they had to leave. Dream promised she'll be back tonight with her stuff because she was serious about our sleep over here.

An hour of watching the TV on the screen a nurse came in and said someone was here to visit me.

"Who is it?" I asked her.

"Your boyfriend." She responded with a smile smile.Hunter?

Did he tell her he was my boyfriend?

I sighed. I had to stick to my word. I couldn't drag him into my shit.

"Can you tell him I don't want to see him right now and tell him I'm sorry."

She looked a little shocked but then nodded and left.

I sighed to myself looking at the ceiling. I don't want him mad at me but to forget me. Hopefully he does so it will make it easier to ignore him.

At six Dream walked into the hospital with a bag with her stuff in it. I grinned at her as she walked in.

"Where do you plan on sleeping because you're not taking up half of my hospital bed."

"The doctor is bringing in a couch for me to sleep in."

I laughed at her and she smiled at me, "Your something else Dream."

"Oh, but you love me."

I nodded, "Of course, how could I not." I said sarcastically but I laughed and so did she.

I was so glad to have Dream as my best friend. She's really what I needed right now. It's funny how everything changed that Monday last week when Hunter came into the school as the new bad boy.

I pushed the thought of Hunter out of my head and talked, laughed, ate, and watched TV with Dream. Best sleep over ever in a hospital.

I hope you liked this chapter. I know it's short and the next chapter will for sure be longer. I promise.

Song tile - she's a lady by forever the sickest kids