Chapter 21: Light in A Dark Place

In a hut at a far off unknown location.

Max wakes up in a wooden looking hut on a bed of leaves and bushes. Max sits up in the bed and looks around at the empty place. "W...where am I?"

A  girl walks inside and walks over to Max with a cup of something hot. "Drink this, my name's Alexis."

Max grabs the cup and starts sipping it. "Who are you? And where am I?"

Alexis sits on the bed next to Max. "Well I'm sure I just saved your life."

Max chuckles. "I didn't need your help."

Alexis presses on Max's chest wound.

Max flinches from pain. "Ow stop."

Alexis sighs. "Exactly are you gonna drink my tea or not? "

Max drinks more of the tea. "So you like tea?"

Alexis shivers. "Eww no but I had to make it so your body warms up. You do remember the snow storm outside right?"

Max lifts up his shirt and seeing his chest wrapped in bandages. "Wait, I remember. I got stabbed through the chest, how am I alive?"

Alexis stares at Max's body.  "Well you got pretty lucky, you basically got stabbed in the heart."

Max lowers his shirt. "What did you heal me with?"

Alexis closes her eyes and lays down on the bed. "I healed you myself."

Max surveys the room with his eyes for any weapons. "U..Uh so you're a demon or witch?"

Alexis laughs. "So I have to be a demon or witch to have powers?"

Max continues looking around for weapons. "Uhh well no but I never really met anyone with powers that didn't show other wise."

Alexis sits up in the bed and sits next to Max. "Well you can call me a mage. But I had my powers."

Max looks at Alexis. "Why?"

Alexis looks down as she fiddles with her fingers. "Ever since the world fell apart after a whole bunch of these monsters started appearing, people became to hate people with abilities and saying we are just as bad as any other demon. I've heard of this demon hunter who's been helping take care of the demons, and even people like me."

Max glumly looks at his hands. "Do you hate that hunter?"

Alexis takes a deep breath. "No."

Max looks up at Alexis surprisingly. "But this person seems unstable."

Alexis smirks. "Maybe. I feel like maybe they just hate what happened to the world and how it changed them."

Max squeezes his fist then stops. "So uh..did you have to like touch my body all over to heal him?"

Alexis blushes and stands up quickly. "Ahh, uhh what. were you even listening to me?"

Max moves forward putting his feet on the ground.

Alexis walks in front of Max. "Where do you think you're going? Even though I healed you that was still a hole though your chest and you moving around can put strain on your body and your heart."

Max smirks. "I've been through worst."

Alexis looks down at Max sternly. "Well If you keep moving you'll be dead and I did not go through all that work of healing you just for you to waste it so go back and lay down."

Max turns in the bad and lays down. "Fine, but I'm leaving in the morning."

Alexis kicks the bed. "No tomorrow, you're coming with me to the city so you can get better help."

Max looks at Alexis. "I thought you healed me?"

Alexis comically laughs. "That was a temporary fix, or did you not get that?"

Max shakes his head. "So why can't you just completely heal me right now?"

Alexis clears her throat. "Because I haven't learned any higher healing magic."

Max lifts up his shirt. "Just try whatever you did last time and focus on a higher scale."

Alexis gets on the bed in front of Max and places her hand on his wrapped wound. "Fine." Max shivers. "Quit being a baby."

Max shivers and shakes. "Well your hand is cold."

Alexis laughs and smirks. "No your body is just warm thanks to me." Alexis closes her eyes as a powder blue aura flows from her hand onto Max." 

Few minutes later.

Alexis takes her hand off and lowers Max's shirt. "Alright I'm done now."

Max rubs against his wound. '"I still feel the same."

Alexis sighs. "Of course you feel the same it takes time you know." Alexis lays down on the bed.

Max puts his feet back on the floor.

Alexis quickly sits up. "Where do you think you're going again?"

Max smirks. "I have places to be and I got side tracked."

Alexis grabs his shoulder. "You still shouldn't be on your feet, and you mean you got side tracked by the ice queen. Just leave in the morning at least like you said."

Max moves back onto the bed. "Fine, did you just call her the ice queen?"

Alexis laughs sarcastically. "Do you think this storm came out of nowhere. She made it and she said it's to keep the people of the city safe but she doesn't know it also affects us people on the inside."

Max looks over at Alexis. "I'm guessing you lost someone."

Alexis lays back on. "What makes you think that."

Max lays down next to Alexis. "That's usually what happens to everyone, we lose people. People we can't live without. And that Ice Queens name is Pearl."

"So you know her?" Alexis asks confusingly.

Max chuckles. "All too well."

Alexis sighs. "I'm guessing everyone you know doesn't just stab you through the chest. What did you do?"

Max sighs. "I'm just one of those people you don't associate with. That's about it. Anyways." Max gets off the bed and finds his jacket and his boots. "Thanks for helping me but there's something I need to finish."

Alexis sits up in the bed. "Is it something bad?"

Max puts on his jacket and sits down putting on his boots. "It's always bad."

Alexis gets off of the bed starts putting on her jacket and shoes. "Well I have to keep an eye on you, for all I know my power could leave a bad affect on you."

Max looks at Alexis. "Even if it's dangerous?"

Alexis laughs sarcastically. "I'm no push over you know."

Max shrugs his shoulders as he walks over to the door and opens it. "Well actu-" Alexis softly kicks Max out the door. "Huh? Couldn't hear from outside. "Alexis says as she closes the door behind them.

Alexis shivers as she rubs her hands together. "So where are we off to?" 

Max looks around at thick snow falling. "To the castle." Alexis grabs onto his arm. "What the hell you almost got killed by that bitch." Alexis madly says.

Max laughs. "Well she went from queen to bitch, what did she do to you? Eh anyways fine then, I'll head to familiar grounds. You can just happen to follow behind me."

Alexis wipes her runny nose. "Fine."

Max and Alexis start treading through the snow.

END Of Chapter 21