Chapter 25: Rain

Max, Pearl, and Alexis are in the throne room. Max stands by the window.

Max walks over to alexis and Pearl. "Okay we have to get out of here." Pearl grabs Max's shoulder. "I can't leave this is all i have left." Max looks at Pearl. "Not anymore." Max looks at the window. "Right now there's too many of them and uh, I kinda killed all of your knights on the way here."

Pearl sighs. "Can't you just stop of all of them." The Lïch stands behind Max. "Yes." Max sighs. "I can't focus on them and focus on protecting both of you." Pearl looks at Max pointing at Alexis. "She has powers you know."

Alexis coughs. "Even though you crushed the crystal I can still that I'm powerless." Pearl walks to the window. "Shit. Fine Max if I can get me and Alexis to safety could you end this?"

the Lïch appears behind Pearl. "Yess." In monstrous deep voice.

Max looks at Pearl. "I'll do what I can."

Pearl walks over to Max. Alexis walks over to Max. "I believe you can do this." The Lïch stands by the window. Yes! Unleash my power and watch it bring destruction into the world." Pearl takes alexis's hand as they exit the room.

Max closes his eyes as he forms his black celestial wings and takes off breaking through the ceiling. Max holds steady in the sky as he takes a deep breath. And closes his eyes. Max opens his eyes in his mind as he see's the Lïch walking closer. "You may hear my voice in your head but if the true reality is that I'm apart of your heart and deep down we are both monsters." Black sparks of electricity surge around Max's body as a enormous mass ball of darkness forms and forms into a dragon. The shadow dragon swoops down as it's purple blinding glaring purple eyes closes it opens it's mouth as it breathes black flames that decimate everything touch leaving behind ash and pitch black goo essence of darkness that kill all surrounding life in the blast area.

Max descends outside of the castle landing on the ground. The Lïch appears walking from behind Max and stands facing him. "Just as we touched these lands with darkness I will lay waste to the rest of this world." Max tsk. "I didn't inflict any darkness anywhere." The Lïch laughs. "You thought just because you can use this power that you can control it? That fire will spread until everything is gone even after rubble. Then it wil spread into the roots in the ground infecting it with darkness making the air around the whole space toxic, it'll soon be known as the plague-lands."

Max clenches his fist. "You knew didn't you." The Lïch smirks. "You knew it deep down, with or without my powers everything you touch, you break and destroy. You have no place anywhere and you don't belong in anyone's heart. Hurting inside is your true emotions and being alone is your true destiny, these powers just make it all the more true and written in stone."

Alexis walks up to Max from behind. "Hey! Max are you okay?"

Max turns around facing Alexis and sighs. "I like you Alexis. But I know you don't feel the same, so I don't know why it still hurts. If I was gone I know you wouldn't notice like everyone else I've disconnected from, I guess who both resolved what we were struggling with so there's no longer a need for you be follow me."

It starts to rain heavily. Max forms his wings and takes off quickly. Max flies through the sky as he closes his eyes and sits alongside the Lïch in his mind. The Lïch Laughs. "You used our power to see how she felt, it's the first you've entered a mind. This is strange, I can feel your chest beating as if it just got ripped out even for someone who's heartless. You cared for someone who never truly cared for you. This will make killing her less fun but still worth the while." Max opens his eyes. "Shut up."

Two hours later.

Max lands outside his favorite bar as his wings disappear he enters and sits at the counter. "Regular."

Jake laughs as he puts down a glass. "Nice to see you alive Max t-" Max raises his hand. "My regular regular. Actually both."

Jake pours whisky in Max's glass. "Ahh you mean bounty. Uh there actually isn't any. But uh."

Max takes a big sip. "What is it?"

Jake looks at Max. "There's a big bounty out for you, really big. And someone else already came looking for you."

Max takes another sip and puts down the glass. "Who?"

Jake shrugs his shoulders. "Not sure but they were wearing a cloak with like a hood and they asked to meet them at the old clock tower in town but he said in three days and it's uh been a while." Max chugs the rest of his drink and stands. "Thanks I'd still like to check it out." Max heads outside. Max stops as he walks out. "I know you're there Lïch. Come out."

The Lïch walks out from behind Max. "Yes, unfortunately I can hear you." Max looks at the Lïch. "So you've been around for decades, meaning you'd had to start from somewhere and you'd have to had cross paths with people who changed you." The Lïch stares at the sky. "I've been alone from the start, and I will continue to rule over all things alone." Max looks down. "Right. Maybe no friends mean you have no one to hurt, and no one to care if you get hurt or put them in danger."

The Lïch looks at Max. "What if i said you had the power to turn flip your humanity switch." Max looks at the Lïch. "Humanity switch?" The Lïch walks up to Max. "Turn off all human emotions. You'd still have complete of your actions of course, they just won't be emotionally made, only logically."

Max looks up at the Lïch. "Show me."

END Of Chapter 25