Chapter 37: Scattered Memories

Present Time.

Everyone stands in the kitchen at Mike's house and stands around the table.

Mike looks at Pearl. "Alright Pearl if what Max said is right we can't just go off maybe's how do you know that the crystal will work?"

Pearl looks down. "Not right now, I just know it works okay. I put that on my life."

Ruby laughs. "Alright so what's the plan to get close and use it on the Queen?"

Ace points at Max. "Well Max is the infamous winter soldier and notorious demon killer he should be able to get anyone."

Max sighs. "I don't know if you mean that or if that's suppose to be an insult."

Ace smirks. "Max if you can get back into that killer mode you could probably find the Queen and kill her easily."

Mike looks at Mike and Ace. "Alright! We get it. Max do you think you can find the Queen?"

Max sighs and looks around at everyone. "Alright there is a way, I have to go back to the vale. I can feel it, the answers that we need are there."

Mike shakes his head. "No way! That's a death trap for all we know the Queen could be wanting you to go back, she was there the last time."

Rose walks over to Max. "There has to be another way Max, that place was horrible."

Mike clears his throat. "There is another way. I can go back with the people I work with and with their resources we should be able to locate the Queen now."

Max sucks his teeth. "We are wasting time. Mike you went in kicking shit and you betrayed them when you went to save Pearl I don't think they'd be so inclined to want to help."

Mike sighs. "Maybe your right Max. We need something! We need an army. The Queen has hers and it's growing right now for all we know."

Max looks at Mike. "Then I'm going back to the Vale."

Mike walks up to Max. "There's no way I'm letting you go back there."

Max puts his hand on Mike's shoulder. "Mike I know that your worried, and I'd be lying If I said I wasn't nervous. But there's something pulling me back there I can't and I don't know why. So go get your people and I'll be back before you know it."

Pearl steps back. "I have someone I know that can help."

Max smiles at Pearl. "Good we'll ned any help that we can get." Max turns around as he walks forward lifting his had as darkness shrouds around it and waves his hand as a portal opens."

Max turns around and faces everyone as Lucas appears from behind him.

Lucas looks at everyone. "This may be our final fight. Max I know where to take you we have to hurry."

Max turns and enters the portal as it closes behind him.

Max closes his eyes as blinding glares of light appear as he travels through the portal.

Minutes later.

Max opens his eyes as he stands on the outskirts of a planetary thunderstorm. Max covers his face as he starts walking towards the storm. Max arrives at the eye of the storm where everything is calm as he sees someone sitting on the ground.

Max walks up to them. "Alexis."

Alexis stands as electric energy flows out of her. "Max. I've been expecting you."