Two [Denis]

"Ben!" I exclaimed. "You can't do that."

Ben just laughed and threw the two halves of the book on the floor. We all watched as he walked back to the window and picked up his cigarette, smoking it as if nothing had just happened.

He always fucking does shit like that. He always thinks that he can just do whatever he wants and everything'll be fine. It's so infuriating that he does it and then gets away with it, sure he gets detention but he never goes. When he doesn't go no one does anything about it! It's ridiculous but that's just how he is.

It isn't how he really is though. He's really smart, not as smart as Sam but he's up there. He's barely ever in any classes and yet he passes every test. There's something else about him, something he keeps hidden and I want to find out what it is.

From the back of the room I heard James scoff and mutter something under his breath. Cameron must have heard it because he too muttered a quiet 'oh shit.'

"What was that, Cassells?" Ben asked menacingly, standing up, the cigarette between his tattooed fingers.

"I said that you're a stuck up prick. Bruce." James stood up and walked towards Ben, his muscular figure making Ben look even skinnier but Ben wasn't fazed.

They stared each other down for a while before Ben just smirked and walked away. I've never seen him any other way other than sarcastic or angry and it annoyed me so much. Does he just not feel emotion? I've never seen him sad or happy, just constantly lulling between anger and sarcasm.

I didn't realise I was staring at Ben until Cameron jammed his elbow into my ribs.

"Ow! Fucking asshole, what do you want?" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Stop staring." He said simply.

"I'm not staring. Shut up." I pouted. I wasn't staring I was just looking. I hate him, why would I stare at him?

"Well then stop not staring." Cameron teased and I slapped his shoulder. "You're drooling."

I held up my middle finger at him and got up, grabbing a piece of paper and a pencil before sitting back down. Ben was staring at me, causing my heart to skip a beat and I heard James start laughing.

"You're not actually gonna write the bullshit essay, are you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I'm just bored." I spoke with hesitance. I wasn't sure where I stood with James, we were nice to each other but with his history I knew I shouldn't really trust him.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but he's not exactly a nice person.

I started to write down words and draw anything that came to mind. I hadn't realised how much time had passed until Mr. Smith came back in. I rushed to fold the piece of paper and put it in my pocket. My eyes darted to the window and I saw that Ben wasn't there anymore. Slyly, I turned to where he was sitting when he first came in and was confused when I didn't see him there either.

"Well, it's been three hours and none of you have even started." Mr. Smith didn't sound surprised. We still had like 6 hours to do it. "It seems I'll have to add another half hour to the detention, just to make sure you all have enough time to complete the essay."

I raised my hand. "Uh yeah, that's not really gonna work. My parents are expecting me home at 4:15 sharp and if I'm late you'll never hear the end of it."

"Your parents will surely understand. I'll call all your parents and tell them you'll be arriving home later than expected."

"We still have 6 fucking hours to finish this pile of wank essay. Adding more time is bullshit." Ben added and I frowned. When did he get back?

"As soon as you turned back around." Cameron murmured to me, clearly noticing my confusion.

"Mr. Bruce, would it pain you to speak with less profanity? Or are you incapable of such a task?" Mr. Smith said irritably.

"With all due respect Sir, I find that I can quite easily speak with fluidity and eloquence however, it seems to be much easier to speak how I usually do." Ben said, the words sounding weird coming from him. "Speaking like this requires a level of care and dedication that I simply do not have for things as trivial as a few words that you are too afraid to say. With that in mind I hope you find it in yourself to go home tonight and have a nice wank so you can stop being such a fucking prick." He spat out the last words like venom and Mr. Smith looked furious. I held back a laugh but the amused smile on my face was clear.

"Is something funny, Stoff?" He turned to me and he reminded me of a feral dog, I was surprised he wasn't foaming at the mouth from anger.

"Not at all, Sir." I smiled sweetly.

"I'll be back in three hours. That's when you will have lunch. Again I'll remind you, no talking, no moving and no destroying school property." He turned on his heel and once again left.

"God, I hate him." Ben breathed. He got up again and started walking around the room, this time he decided to sit on the desk at the front.

"You hate everyone." Cameron said and Ben smiled at him but it quickly turned into a smirk.

"Why wouldn't I?" He asked and no one answered. He's so cynical it makes me hate him so much more.

"So, why are you guys in here?" Ben asked and looked around at everyone in the room. His eyes settled on me and he grinned. Oh shit. "Why are you in here, princess?"

"I'd rather not say." I shifted uncomfortably, noticing everyone's eyes on me.

"Oh come on! I'm dying to know." Ben said and leaned back, his arms behind his body. The position of his body made it so you could now see his ribs, the sleeves of his shirt ripped off and the pale skin contrasting perfectly with his dark clothes. He was so perfect.

Everything about him was so fucking perfect. The rips in his tight, black jeans. His leather jackets. His long, brown hair that looked so soft to touch. His spiderbites sat perfectly on his pale pink lips and his chest tattoo made me want to cry it was so perfect.

"Please princess. Tell us." He begged.

I breathed in, readying myself to tell everyone why I was stuck here.