Chapter 2

I took one last glance at myself in the mirror. My heart was pounding in my chest as I watched my relection standing nicely dressed with my hair combed to the best of its ability. I couldn't believe how easily I could break the comb, and I felt nervous.

I was having tea with a man I have been trying to impress and please. Will he like me? Will he want to have tea with me again? Maybe he could help me with my charms and potions work? More thoughts danced in my head as I straightened my red tie and peered over myself again.

I waved Ron and Hermoine farewell and tried to control my growing worry in the back of my mind as well as in my heart. This would be the closest I have ever truely been with Snape and I was scared. I unclenched fists that I didn't even know I made and walked into the potions classroom.

I begged my nerves to settle down and fear ghosted through my vains, they throbbed and my blood cried in panic. Fight or flight mode was on, if this was the case something wrong must be going on or something is going to happen. pivoting to face the only clock in the room I realized it was only four thirty...

I'm early?

Crossing the room to read some of Snape's notes and I grin stupidly to myself as I pressed a finger against the elegant calligraphy tracing each word like I was touching a part of him. I wanted to touch him again, the soft fire from him was the only warmth I've had in a while. Sighing I spotted his robe on the hook in the corner of the room over by his office door.

Chuckling I wonder what his robe will smell like and I touch it as I hear familiar voices through the door. I crouch low enough to I can peep through the key hole as well as listen to the two voices. I gwak at Snape as he stands there preparing what I would assume is our tea and he stops everything to snarl at the other voice.

"You're rasing him to be a pig to slaughtered?"

"Severus my boy, what must be done for the greater good must be done. When did you start caring for James child?"

"I have always cared about that boy. He his everything to me. Why must he go through this tedious task?"

"Severus, he is the Boy Who Lived, he is more powerful than Merlin, but if he were to ever find out that this wand is a magic limiter than he would need to put down like a dog.... speaking of dogs, I hear Sirius and Remus are here. Is that true?"

"No sir, they haven't been in contact with Harr-Potter either."

"Good, I don't need those traitors influencing that child out of my submission. He trusts me and let's keep
it that way."

"Yes sir. Just why must all this happen... I'm at a loss."

"Severus, some people will do anything to be in power and some will do anything to keep their power. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir. Now, you must leave Potter will be here for tea. I am giving him private potion lessions as he is failing my class."

"Very well, farewell Severus."

"Good bye head master."

Wrapping my hands around my mouth I being to shake. My God parents traitors? I tug on Snape's robe by accident and the entire coat rack comes crashing down just as my world. Wait, Snape was the one who told me my God parents wanted to tell me something, what... What is going on? I hold his robe close to me and snuggle into it.

The office door opens in haste. His onyx eyes look afraid and he reaches out to touch my cheeks that have been stained with tears. He looks me over and notices how closely I'm holding his robe and he scoops me up and set me down in his office chair. Dumbledore is gone, but I'm scared that he might have heard me.

"So, how much did you hear?"