Chapter 2

Beatrice's Pov

That song the voice sang sounded just like the song that one lonely friut/vegetable man was singing when I was with Wirt and Greg. " Could it be?" I asked myself as I gaze upon the Adelwood trees of the Unknown. Could it really be that Wirt or Greg have returned to the Unknown and that I can finally see them again? I walk towards the direction the singing is coming from, wanting to meet or at least catch a glimpse of the owner of the voice, I stopped my self from going any further into the woods. My blue eyes met glowing pink, blue, and yellow ones. There was a dark silhouette a few meters away from me and it started to come closer to me. Being too scared to move, I stayed in the same spot as if my feet were stuck in the soft soil beneath my feet. As the shadowy figure approaches me, it comes to a sudden halt.

Wirt's Pov

As I was finally able to pry myself away from Greg's tree, I decided to head home since I have collected enough Adelwood for the night. While walking through the all too familiar depths of the Unknown, I decided to sing a very familiar song from a distant time when I was still human and traveling merrily with Greg and Beatrice at my side when I was stuck in the Unknown. At least it won't make me feel so depressed about spending my life here in this timber prison, where I shall wander until the bittersweet release of death will set me free and away from the Unknown. After singing the sad, but true ballad, I've noticed a new figure a few meters away from me under a patch of light that helped me see her rather clearly. She looked to be around my age and about a few inches shorter compared to me, her eyes were a vibrant blue, as if the sky was trapped inside of them. Her graceful flaming copper hair that frames her slightly blushing freckled face reminds me of the autumn leaves of the adelwood trees. The blue dress she wears suited her eyes and slender figure. The girl I see infront of me was so beautiful and yet so familiar, that I wanted to see her more closely. As I walked towards her, I was quite suprised that she didn't run away like most people would. She just stood there and stared deep into my multicolored eyes. Not wanting to blow off my identity I stopped before I can reveal myself from the patch of sunlight that she stands under. Using my powers I made an adelwood blossom to give to the somewhat familiar girl and hid it behind my back.

Beatrice's Pov

When the mysterious figure suddenly stopped walking toward me, I just noticed that he was hiding something behind it's back. I was scared to find out what this mysterious figure hides behind it's back. " What if it has a knife to stab me with", I pondered silently while suddenly it's hand began to appear. "Now my life is on the line because I was stupid enough to venture this far into the woods just for the sake of finding out who in the right mind would be singing deep in the woods", I scolded myself. (A/N talk about a major facepalm am I right 😂 ). Then something unexpected happened, instead of killing me here on the spot, it pulls out an Adelwood blossom. My eyes widened when seeing the rare flower right before my eyes. Adelwood trees are known to rarely bloom blossoms and when they do, it can be sold in the market for tons of money due to it's healing properties. Not knowing how to react to the surprising gesture, the figure took both of my hands and placed the precious flower into my hands and pulled me closer to him. I bumped into a strong but lanky structured person and two strong pairs of arms wrapped around my waist. I looked up to see a familiar boy staring down at me.

It was Wirt.

Wirt's Pov

I didn't know what came over me when I saw her. One moment I was giving her a flower and the next she was in my arms. For some reason it felt like it had to be this way, she has to stay with me by my side. Then probably I wouldn't feel so empty and lonely anymore. I gazed down at her in my arms and it felt so peaceful until I herd her sweet melodic voice for the first time.

" Wirt?" she asked me staring deep with those big blue eyes. I didn't know how to react, I was either so happy that she knew my name or confused because we never met before. Then it hit me. This girl in my arms right now is the bluebird that would always constantly give me witty remarks and almost gave me and Greg away as child servants to Adelaide. I never saw her in human form, but now I did. I was going to answer her until someone faintly yells her name. Startled by the sudden mood killer, Beatrice swiftly pulls away from my grasp and runs back to the trail, not before staring at me on last time. The flower I gave her falls on the very spot she stood and once she was out of sight I walked out from the shadows and into the patch of light that fell upon her when we were reunited and knelt down to pick up the flower. A new feeling had surged through my body....... Love .

Beatrice's Pov

For some reason when the figure, when I was in the arms of the mysterious boy I felt secure for some reason. I looked up to see his face and then my eyes widened. "Wirt?" I asked him. But before he can give me a response I suddenly hear someone call out my name. "Oh my stars, I was supposed to be at home an hour ago," I mentaly panicked. "Mom's gonna kill me if I don't get back home this instant". So with one swift move I got outof the grasp of the mysterious boy, glanced at him for a quick moment and then left.

(Timeskip Brought To You By Sara The Bee)

After getting lectured by mom about the dangers of the Unknown, I went to go get ready to sleep. As I was brushing out my long copper hair I thought about my encounter with the guy that could be Wirt. They looked so similar and if that really is Wirt then where is Greg and why is he alone in the woods. As I got up from my bed to look outside of my window I froze for a moment. On the windowsill was another Adelwood blossom. I picked it up and smelled the sickly sweet scent of it as I gazed out of my window hoping to catch who ever left the flower on my window. But I had no such luck.

But little did Beatrice know that Wirt was admiring her from afar hiding behind a tree hoping for her to glance over to his direction.

So Here We Have Chapter Two And I'm sorry for the wait and Enjoy.