Chapter One:

The open window allowed just a tiny ray of sunshine to slip into the throne room. Outside, you could barely make out the sounds of people chattering over the waterfall gushing into the pond below the palace. The smell of a fresh baked lunch was all over the castle as I waited to meet up with my sisters and fiancé in the dining hall. A stack of papers was the only thing on my mind besides seeing my family again. It had been days since we had all been able to sit down and enjoy our time together. There was always something to do around the kingdom. I was always busy with the diplomatic work. Maybella was always working with the guards, training them for upcoming missions and preparing them for any attacks. Marcella was just trying to stay out of trouble as she scoured the realms in search of someone who could tame her wild side. Of course, Minna was tending to the gardens and trying to find ways to stay in touch with the people.

My eyes continued to glance over the papers in front of me. It wasn't anything important. Just a few warnings to realms surrounding the fourth realm, Ignis-the land of fire. We were the thirteenth realm, so that didn't affect us in terms of security protocols. Hands went over my eyes as I set down the last letter from the other royals in the Realms.

I pulled them down to find Luca. "I was just thinking about you, love. You might have only been gone for a few days, but that was the loneliest I have ever been." He kissed me. It was like a fire burned throughout my whole body. I felt like I could do anything when I was with the prince of Bellatorum, the Realm of the Warriors.

"When we are married, you get to come with me to my realm. Everyone would just believe it is a diplomatic trip versus a much needed vacation for you. My mother has been wondering when you will allow yourself to come and visit. Our entire kingdom is in love with the beautiful, charismatic princess of Spyro." Luca's gorgeous blue eyes looked at me with pure love. He was built just like any of the other men on his planet. He was very muscular and tall which helped out a lot in battle. Since he was a prince, his hair was always perfectly done and he was dressed in a suit. The only soft part about him though was his eyes. I had always been told they were only gentle when he looked at me.

"A few more months, and we will be married. It will be just a few weeks after my coronation as queen. Then, you will get to spend many, many centuries with me, Prince Luca." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Well, Princess Maidence, it will be the longest wait of my life. I am ready to be with you right now." His words made me giggle a little bit. "Maybe we should just elope. Who needs a big wedding and all that publicity? We are in love and should just make it official."

"Luca, as much as I love you, I can't do that to my people. What kind of an example would I be setting for them if I did that? They would see me as a compulsive and irrational leader." I objected.

He closed in the distance between our faces. "Or they would see you as a queen who is full of love and passion." I gave him a stern look that made him instantly drop the idea. "Maidence Halliwell, I can't wait to love you for the rest of my life. I have to be the luckiest guy in the world. Have you seen any other girl as lovely as you?" He twirled me around and pulled me back into him. Luca placed one last kiss on my lips.

"I think the other might be waiting on us. We can finish this later." I winked at him, making a sideways grin appear on his face.

A touch on my shoulder made me snap out of my daydream. "Maidence, are you okay? If we need to do this another time, then we can. I feel like you have had a rough time today. Are the emotions finally catching up with you?" Elizabeth asked me with pure concern in her voice.

"The only thing I feel anymore is anger, Elizabeth." I changed my glance from a couple in front of us to her. "I want to kill every single one of those bastards who had something to do with that attack. The only way I can do that on Earth is to infiltrate the human's galactic base. I have to know when they have identified demons around Havendell."