Chapter Six:

Running towards my car, I felt nothing but fear. I was not scared of the Legendary Seven or the Curse. I wasn't scared of what happened in the Havendell Magic Community. What I was scared of was the unknown. My whole had been so structured. In the morning, I was to tend to my diplomatic and princess duties. At night, I was training for missions and killing demons. I knew weeks prior to hunts. I had meetings scheduled through guards and secretaries. Hell, I even knew the date of my coronation when I was sixteen years old. Now, I didn't know what was going to happen. It felt like not only the weight of the Thirteen Realms was on my shoulders, but also the humans and all magical creatures here on Earth. They were all depending on me to protect them, but without the proper information I needed, it just was not possible to keep anyone safe.

I came across the black Lincoln MKS. Of course, it probably raised more attention in this town that it was suppose to. Most people in Havendell prefer happy, vibrant colors not black. They associated black cars with the government, so I guess that is fitting. In the back, I quickly changed out of my Night Huntress outfit and put on a white halter top, hoping it would be appropriate for work. The drive from this little run down area to the police station had to have been less than five minutes. I parked quickly and ran inside, hoping no one had gotten suspicious about my whereabouts.

It did not take long to spot Alec across the room. He was wearing jeans, a plaid shirt, and a black leather jacket, making him look like one hot bad ass cop. His back was to me, so he had no idea I was here right now. Just as I was about to walk over to him, the man he was talking with pointed at me and said a few words.

Alec turned around, waving me towards him. "Hey, Maidence. We were all wondering when you would show up. Everyone thought that the new FBI agent I was telling all of you about. This is my partner Detective Lucas Reynolds."

The blond haired brown eyed cop extended out his hand. "Nice to meet you, Agent Halliwell. I look forward to working with you. I have been told that your agency suspects terrorism around here. A few cases have popped up, concerning our team. I am glad you are here to help with that. May I just say that you don't even need a gun to stop a criminal. Your beauty would make anyone stop in their tracks."

I shook his hand. "Well, thank you very much. I look forward to working with Havendell's finest. I know Detective Everwood prefers to be called Alec. What is your preference? Reynolds or Lucas?"

"Well, most people around the office call me Reynolds, so I guess you can just stick with that. If you go out with us after our shift is finished, people just call me by my nickname. It's Luca." the name slipped out of his mouth, making my eyes widen.

"What did you just say?" I nearly yelled.

"Luca?" He looked at me confused. "It's just my nickname."

I pushed back the memories coming to my head. "Sorry. That name just caught me off guard for a second."

Alec put his hand on my arm. "Are you going to be okay? You look like you might be sick."

I nodded. "I'm fine. So, how about we start the tour of the office?"

"Sounds good to me," Alec agreed. "So, first of all, where you just walked in is the secretary's area. If you go right, it will take you to the mail room. If you go left, it will take you to a set of stairs. On this floor, you have the captain's office and about ten desks for certain detectives. Reynolds and I happen to be on this floor. Upstairs is the drug unit and people who aren't as cool as us. The break room is right beside the mailroom. It has latte machines, vending machines, microwaves, and things like that." We walked from room to room as he showed me the best place to do work or have a private conversation or hide a phone call from the S.A.A.