Chapter Three:

The general darted in, knocking down everyone and everything in his path. His hurricane persona could only mean one thing. He was pissed off about our previous encounter. He made his way over to the intelligence agents, demanding they uncover anything they could about this Night Huntress figure. General Rayburn's next stop was with me.

"Halliwell, in my office, now!" He yelled.

No one seemed to notice anything out of the ordinary. I guess it was typical for him to yell when he was frustrated and angry. I stepped into his office. The room had many windows, so he could see into the main floor. He pressed a button making screens come down. He stared off into space for a moment. I imagined he was contemplating the entire scenario and wanted to know what happened. He had searched for me for many months and when he finally found me, he learned that I wasn't some superhero who wanted to save the human race. I was a witch on her own mission.

"We have a mole in this office," General Rayburn murmured.

"Sir, would you like my first assignment be finding the mole in the agency?" I questioned. If only he understood how ironic this entire situation was. Here he was trusting the person he was pissed off at.

He shook his head. "Halliwell, I recruited you for a reason. I believe that it has to be the more experienced agents who built a relationship with her. They would know how to track this Night Huntress. We have been following her since she first appeared in Havendell. She is very powerful. Beyond anything this world has ever seen. We watched her kill a demon in milliseconds. A wave of her hand and an upper level demon was dead. If she wanted to, this witch could control our world."

"Our world, sir? Wouldn't it be hers as well?" I had to know everything he knew. The general was willing to give me that much.

"No, I don't think it is. If she was from Earth, she would have more sympathy for humans. She would want to protect us. If she is hunting demons here versus on her own planet, I fear that whatever threat she is trying to destroy will soon choose to attack us next. We do not have magical powers or spells or potions or amulets to protect us. What we have is nuclear weapons along with some that are modified for magical creatures. If we use these weapons, we start a countdown for our planet. We cannot handle all the radiation that would come with a nuclear war on our turf." If he had hair, he would've ran his fingers through it in frustration. Instead, he was staring off, trying to find a solution.

"General Rayburn, I don't understand what I have to do with any of this," I had to play the stupid agent card again. Any evidence that I knew more than I was letting on and my secret identity would be exposed.

He turned his gaze back to me. "Agent Halliwell, your parents hunted demons before they died from their career. It is in your blood to kill evil when you see it. The job of witches is to hunt evil whenever it interferes with good. I think you could maybe connect with her. We are desperate for her help. If we get someone as strong as her on our side, I believe many new witches would follow."

"So, you want me to become best friends with her?" I asked in disbelief. I wanted to chuckle, but I resisted. My new best friend would be myself.

"No, I want you to be an ally to her. Make her see the good in humanity and want to help us. From now on, you are to check in here with me only at the end of the day to report any findings you may have. If you do not show up, I know there is nothing new. During the day, you will be working with one of our detective alliances. He understands the situation and will make sure you get every resource you could possibly need in the city. Uncover everything you can on this witch. Halliwell, do not stop until she joins our ranks." I could hear the desperation in his voice.