Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

It was over. It was finally, finally over. The dress rehearsal had just finished, and it had been a complete success. I'd done my moves perfectly, and so had everyone else. It was going to be a stunning performance tomorrow night.

My blackmailer hadn't been in touch again. They were satisfied with mine and Ethan's stopping of the attack, and so I'd convinced myself it was really happening. I was going to be on stage, with a real role, doing a real dance.

As much as I hated to admit it, I was impressed with Amber and Leon's performances. After everything they'd been through together, and their bad break-up, you couldn't see a glimpse of it. Their acting was on point. They were in love on that stage, for all intents and purposes.

Ethan and I had never gotten our run through. The ballet studio and the stage had been fully booked in the run up to not only the final year end of year performances, but also the lower years' concerts that they'd be doing for their parents variously over the next couple of months.

After all I'd been through, after watching Ethan pour everything into making me the best ballet dancer that I could be, I was desperate to be a ballerina. I wanted it, more than anything. To spend my life on the stage.

Slipping off my clothes, I sighed. I was just one of many. My costume didn't even fit me properly. I was excited, more excited than I'd probably been for anything in my life, but it wasn't going to be perfect. Not like I dreamed about. There was going to be no one hovering around and waiting for me to exit the door because they couldn't get over how well I'd done.

I was the last one in the changing rooms, too lethargic to hurry up like everyone else.

Hanging up my dress like I was required to so that it didn't crease or get torn, I wasn't expecting Amber to be stood over me.

It was a malicious smile spread all over her pretty face and I sighed. There was no reason for this anymore. I hadn't said a single word to her in over a month. I'd thought our stupid bitch fight was finally over now that she didn't have to share a room with me. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to show you this horrifying video I found." She thrust her phone towards me, but when I tried to take it off her she shook her head and insisted that I just watch instead.

It was a porn scene: two people on a bed doing it doggy-style. The sound wasn't on, thankfully, but it didn't take much imagination to guess what would have been coming out of the speakers. I looked closer and realised what she'd done. The person being pounded into from behind was me. I didn't know how she'd done it, but it was my face on the video. It was undeniably my face.

"You little bitch." I stood up, trying to wrench the phone from her hands, but was unsuccessful. "You stupid fucking whore."

"Now now. I might accidentally hit the send button if you do anything stupid. Besides, it doesn't look like you have the right to be calling anyone a whore," she taunted me with the biggest grin. My fists were tight by my side and I curled my toes in frustration. "Here's what I want you to do. You're going to leave the school." Her voice had taken on a serious edge now, but she continued to hold her phone in a vice-like grip. "You're going to leave the school before the performance and never come back. If you do, or you say anything about this to anyone, I'll have plastered it all over the internet. Got it?"

"I can't just leave school," I ground out with a clenched jaw.

"Yes, you can actually. You can go and hand in the forms later. I even got you the paperwork so you can apply to do your exams at a nice college in your area."

I took the forms from her hands almost in a state of bewilderment.

My ballet career had just gone down the drain. This wasn't just your dreams are a bit unrealistic anymore, it was your dreams are in tatters on the ground. Amber gave me a sarcastic wave before slipping from the room.

I stared at the forms as the somehow-edited video replayed in my mind.

There was nothing I could do but accept it. The video looked very real and even if I got a ballet job at the end of school, I wouldn't take it because of the humiliation of everyone thinking I was a porn star.

I was tempted to screw up the sheets in my hand and I shut my eyes for a good minute before coming to terms with the fact I wasn't a part of this school anymore.

Amber had really done it. She'd won. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhh, I hit 1k votes! So exciting. Thank you everyone <3