Chapter 1

I gave another long sigh as the popular girls gave more poor excuses for insults.
''Nerd!''
''Loser!''
''B*tch!''
''Freak!''
I let out a small come back to the snarky teenage girls.
''Go back to the store Barbie dolls.'' I muttered it more under my breath. They would come after me if they heard me. Just have to wait out the bell. Forecast calls for a huge snowstorm so the school should be closing in 3.... 2..... 1
*Ding* *Dong*
I wait patiently until all of the other students left the classroom. Martha left the country pursuing a career she dreamed of having.
I got up, grabbed my messenger bag and phone and headed outside to the store then home. Unlocking my motorcycle, I rode smoothly to the store and bought cat food, dog food, ferret food, rat food, fish food, food for me, extra tools to work on my bike. Bottled water in case the pipes freeze, blankets in case of an emergency, extra coffee, books, art supplies, movies, and Pandora's boxes.
After I paid for the supplies I went and perfectly balanced them all on my bike. I stopped though when I heard meowing. I saw a box, I opened the box and in that box were ten odd colored kittens. I blinked a few times looking at the color of their fur. But with the blizzard coming in so. I scooped up the box of kittens balancing them on one hand while the other controlled the steering of my bike. I glanced at the kittens quickly saying. ''Hang on.''
With that I took off home. Soon after and hour and having my eardrums busted by the constant meowing. I arrived home quickly running up to my porch I placed the kittens down then I ran in and out of the house putting up the supplies. It already started snowing. I grabbed the box full of kittens and and ran with them into the house. Locking the door behind me. Setting the box full of kittens down on the floor I whistled to whoever was in the living room or not sleeping like a boulder. Two puppies came racing towards me. Half pure bred poodle, half terrier. Their mother Dina, a pure bred poodle raced behind them. Laughing I bent down and gave attention as equally as I could to the family of dogs. A barking cough made me stop, but the sound made me smile. Jazzie a bear Pomeranian, doesn't have any illness just allergies. My smile grows bigger as she sniffs the ten colored kittens. Jazzie whines at me getting my full attention on a thin red furred, purple eyed kitten. He's skin and bones, looking very sick. I raced out into one of the many closets in my house, careful not to tread on any paws. I came back with an electric blanket and a medium sized cat bed. I set them aside plugging in the blanket. I picked up the tiny tom cat gently. I was being watched by a blue female and an orange male. I placed the tom in the bed then I told Jazzie.
"Jazzie, you know what to do. If anything happens or looks off, then just bark. If he needs food or water bark twice. The bathroom bark three times. I'll check on him soon." I instructed the bear Pomeranian.
I turned my head towards the rest of the kittens. The blue coated, amber eyed female was scrambling to get out the box to check on the red tom. I picked her up gently and set her down next to him. I glanced at the rest of the kittens, some where staring at me the others were in their own little world.