Preface

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever make it through the day. There seems to be a constant reality of obstacles coming my way. What I mean by that is my birth parents. My birth mom was 18 when she had me. My birth dad was 22 when he found out my mother was pregnant. Of course my father was mad. It drove him crazy for months.
I mean I wouldn't blame him. Only 22 and your life is literally in the hands of a baby. My mom,on the other hand, she was happy...excited. I remember she told me once that I was Angel sent from heaven to watch over and keep her sane. Only now did I understand what she meant...
She pulled me to her chest. Her breath became ragged and loud in the all too quiet bedroom. I could feel my heart beat faster and faster in my chest. She then pulled my chin up towards her. Her face looks panicked and her red hair spills over her shoulders.
"Listen carefully to me,Lacie. Your going to go in that closet and not come out until the police come. Got it?" I could feel her hand tremble slightly under my chin. I shake my head and release her hand away from my face.
"No mom,remember we're suppose to stick together no matter what?" I ask. She sighs.

"Not this time,baby," She pauses. The front door is being unlocked. She kisses my forehead once more before saying,"I love you,Lacie. Now go." She shooed me to the bedroom closet. I run over there. I grab the door knob."I love you too,Mama." Then I step in.
Everything just becomes a blur after that. All the screaming and pleaing. And through the crack in the closet I will never forget what I saw. The sickly grin on my father's face and my mother's soft sobs that sounded angelic and broken,while the bastard pulled the trigger. It was like the sound of a loud canyon being fired.
I tried so hard not to make a sound;knowing he might shoot me too. I covered my mouth with both hands,as if that could stop the sound of my heart breaking. Piece by piece. She hit the ground with a loud thud. She was dead. The only person who's loved me. My father just hovered above my mother's lifeless body.
I never thought he would do what he did next. I wipe my eyes to see clearly. He looks at the gun like it was foreign. Then he frowned as if realizing what he did. It took all my will not to go out there and shoot him myself.
He pulled the trigger on himself...he killed himself. Now I was certainly deserted. I was alone now...I was broken.

I hope you like my new book. I'm excited to write this piece. Plz vote! Comment! Share!