Chapter 2: The Up N' Comer

Marinette's pov

I'm just came up with a great excuse to get out of the house for tonight's battle. "Papa? Can I spend the night at Alya's house?" I ask while helping out at the bakery. "As long as it's alright with Alya's parents." My father replies. "What are you going to do while your there?" My mom asks between orders. "We have a project due in english and we need to pull an all-nighter to finish it." I say pulling pastries out of the oven. This was half true. We did have a project on love but it's due next week. "We can take care of the rest of the customers, you go get ready for tonight." My father says taking the tray away from me. "Thanks, daddy." I say going upstairs.

"You ready for tonight, Mari?" I turn around and see Tikki on the balcony. She had on her usual attire. A pink dress with suspenders, pink boots, a ladybug bow in her hair and her ladybug print umbrella. "Course I am. I just got an excuse to get out of the house." I hold up my bag with all my street dance things in it. "I heard your excuse up here. So what are you going to do about a place to stay? You can't stay here." She asks concerned. "I texted Nath and told him to meet us at our spot in a couple hours. I'll also asked to stay over at his place." She smirks. "Whats up with the smirk?"

"Oh, nothing." I frown at her reply. "Anyway, think that friend of yours is gonna show up again?" I ask. Tikki blushes at my statement. "H-He is n-not my friend!" She stutters. "Oh, thats right. You think of him as more than a friend." I continue to tease Tikki when I get a text from Nathaniel. 'Alright, I'll meet you in a couple hours. Also I don't mind you staying over.' I turn to Tikki. "Lets practice before the battle. I have a special move planned." She nods and jumps off the balcony, sliding down the street sign as she goes, and lands on her feet. I change into my street clothes and my mask, for when Nath isn't here, and head towards the usual practicing spot.

~~~Time skip brought to you by LadyNoir~~~

I was practicing when I heard the door to my lucky spot open. I thought it was just Nathaniel or Tikki so I thought nothing of it until I heard Tikki yelling, "What are you doing here!?" I decide to check it out. If Tikki's yelling it means somethings up.

Tikki's pov

Mari is still practicing so I guess to go to the store to buy some snacks. When I'm done I start heading back, not bothering to check if someone was following me. I set the snacks down at the rest area we set up for after practice. "Nice place you got here." I hear the husky voice I loved so much. I turn around and yell, surprised, "What are you doing here!?" The boy quickly puts his hand on my mouth but he ends up falling on top of me. I blush a deep red and pink flecks his cheeks. "Plagg?" I hear another voice ask. I don't recognize it.

"Tikki? Is everything okay?" 'Marinette. If she see's me like this with Plagg she'll never get of my back about my feelings.' I stare at the one I love as he slowly removes his hand. I thought he'd get off of me but instead he leaned closer. Our lips were so close, if either one of us moved they'd touch. "Aww! Did you finally admit your feelings?" I jerked my head back, hitting it on the floor. "Ouch! LB couldn't you have waited to tease me?" When I realized what I just said I turned around. Plagg was looking at me, dumbstruck. I didn't know what to do so, I ran.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been active recently. It's testing week and I've been really stressed lately. I'll add in a couple new chapters soon so until then, Don't forget to smile!