Chapter 5: More Bad News

Ruby's POV

I watched as the man in white was punched in the back of the head by my big sister.  There was an all to familiar sound of her gauntlets firing a blast as the mysterious man was sent flying into the wall.  I was still confused about the whole situation.  

-Flashback-

I woke up inside of an old building, I got up and looked around for guards or any sign of life but the only thing I saw was an ice figure of a man wearing a cloak.  It had its' back towards me so I tried to take a few steps forward and I bumped into an invisible wall.  I held my nose painfully and let out a cry of surprise and pain as I stumbled back.  

That's when I noticed that ice figure had walked away from me.  Three White Fang goons had come into the building.  They didn't even have time to pull their weapons out as the ice figure ran towards them and knocked them unconscious with his bare hands.  This confused me even more, the last thing I remembered was two White Fang guards knocking me unconscious and taking me to see their 'boss'.  I tried to call out to the figure but it didn't listen, it just went back to standing in front of me again.  I started to feel the invisible wall around me and felt that it was very cold.

It must be some kind of ice barrier.

I kept pressing my hand against the ice until my hand started to burn but nothing happened.  It didn't even melt, I tired to get the ice figures attention again but to no avail.  I sat down and just waited for something to happen.  Surely the person who put me here would come back eventually right?    

-Present-

I was caught by Yangs well known, bone crushing, bear hug once again.  

"Ugh!...P-please...Stop,"  I said in between gasps for air.

"No no no no no, I'm not letting you out of my sight again!"

After a minute, which felt like an eternity Yang finally let go of me.  Blake, Weiss and Prof- Doctor Oobleck had all entered the room.  I heard Doctor Oobleck say something before but I don't quite remember what, I rubbed the back of my head nervously and looked up at him.

"Um...  I'm sorry Doctor Oobleck.  I shouldn't have snuck out like that."

"It's quite alright Ms. Rose.  It's a lot better knowing that one of my students is safe," he said with a small smile.

"Now you still haven't answered my question, what's going on here?"

"I'm... Not sure how to answer that Doctor Oobleck."

"I know how to answer that!"  Yelled Yang as she stormed over to the unconscious body of the hooded man.  She grabbed him the the collar and lifted him up.  But doing this showed us that there was a red stain growing larger on the side of his cloak.

"Yang!  He's bleeding pretty badly maybe hitting him isn't the best solution right now," said Weiss as she tried to hold down Yangs raised fist.

The mans hood fell down revealing a boy about our age.  He had (h/c) hair.   He had what looked like a burn scar under his right ear that extended down his neck.  He let out a small groan and Yangs eyes flickered with doubt for a second before putting the boy down.

"This punk was going to... going to... Actually I honestly don't know what he was going to do," said Yang.

"Great, and the reason you knocked him unconscious was?" said Weiss sarcastically.

Yang looked a bit sheepish and looked at the ground avoiding everyone's gaze.

"I... may have jumped to a conclusion."