Chapter 16: Champions

???'s POV:

The road to the village of Bolnav, was much colder then most years before. The roads were covered in snow, and the trees were barren.  Fortunately the moon was out and because of the snow I could see quite a bit. People say that traveling between kingdoms at night was dangerous because of the Grimm, but for this trip I make no exceptions. I tightened my grip on my staff, it's not like the Grimm were a problem for someone like me.

The Village was located west of Mistral, right in between Vale and Mistral.  My breathing was heavy as steam seemed to come out of my mouth, this amused me so I kept doing it again and again for a minute.

Eventually, I could see the path clearing up ahead as I got closer to the village. The familiar warm glow of the town filled me with nostalgia, this was the one place in the world that I could truly call home. As I got closer I could see the silhouettes of a few figures behind the gate of the town.

"It's her, she's back! Open the gates!" I heard the voice of the Captain of the guard.

The gates slowly opened and by the time I got there the gates were wide open. Many of the towns folks had come out despite the cold and it being late. They made a small path way for me and there were many warm welcomes from the crowd. I would always tell them that such a large commotion was unnecessary every year, but they never listen. A group of little kids around nine or ten years old ran out of the crowd to meet me.

"We thought you wouldn't make it back this year big sis," said one of the little kids.

"I always come back, and isn't it past your bed time?"

"Mama said I could stay up to see you just tonight though."

I saw out in the crowd an older man wearing a large navy cape was watching me in front of the doorway of his house. The man had silver hair which helped hide his graying hair, he had brown eyes and a warm smile on his face. He gestured over to me to follow him.

"Why don't you guys all head off to bed now? I have to get some rest myself, its been a long trip. That goes for all of you! I guess you guys can welcome me back some more in the morning."

The crowd slowly dispersed and I walked over to the man in the doorway. The man wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace.

"Hey there, A."

"Hi dad."

"I'm actually a little surprise you made it back. What, with the weather being like it is."

"I always come back, you know that. Besides you know I'm strong, a little cold isn't going to stop me."

"Haha, of course, of course. I'm sorry, it's just in my nature to worry. Come on in, I'm sure your mother could make some roast Turkey for you, I know its your favorite."

"I'm sorry, maybe tomorrow. I kinda want to rest now."

"Of course, of course. We'll talk later in the morning then. Good night, A."

"G'night dad."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened the door to my home, it was exactly the way I had left it. Extremely messy and dirty, there was a fresh layer of dust coating everything. But hey, I barley come in here anyway.

I into my room and propped up my staff against the wall.

I hopped into the bath and took a quick shower, I came out feeling refreshed. Using my semblance I changed into a pair of sweats and long sleeve shirt. Looking around my messy room, I decided that now was probably the best time to begin.