La Pascualita

*Version en Español abajo :-)*

La Pascualita is a famous mannequin of Mexico, and most importantly, a legend that can be witnessed firsthand more easily; standing behind her showcase in La Popular, store that sells wedding dresses located in Chihuahua, Mexico; it is told that she can move her eyes, blink, smile or cry to whoever looks at her and even going outside and walk around the city at night. Its appearance is very realistic conjugating real human hair in her head and eyelashes, the features of her hands make them look like real human hands and it is believed that this is the preserved corpse of the owner's daughter. The mannequin was named after the owner of the store Pascualita Esparza Perales when she died; there are a lot of theories to explain the reason why the mannequin comes alive, such as that the daughter of the owner died just before her wedding and to keep the memory of her beauty alive, her mother decided to mummified her, another version of the legend says that the spirit of the owner resides inside the mannequin.

 The mannequin was named after the owner of the store Pascualita Esparza Perales when she died; there are a lot of theories to explain the reason why the mannequin comes alive, such as that the daughter of the owner died just before her wedding an...

"Look how detailed her hands are, from nails to the lines of the hands"

"Observen lo detalladas que son sus manos, desde las uñas y las lineas en las palmas."

Lots of people think that La Pascualita it's miraculous due to an event that happened to a woman, it happens that she was passing by the store and suddenly was shot, she begged the mannequin to survive and so she did so every day this woman leaves candles in front of her showcase in gratitude for helping her. A lot of women soon to be brides choose the dress the mannequin wears for their wedding day because they believe it's going to bring good luck and fortune to their marriages, another interesting fact about La Pascualita, it's that no one is allowed to see when the dress of the mannequin is being changed which adds more intrigue to the legend, whatever the real story is, this enigmatic mannequin became part of the most famed myths of such a vast and mysterious country that is Mexico.

La Pascualita

Es el maniquí más famoso de México, y lo más importante, es que es una legenda que puede ser presenciada más fácilmente. Mientras está exhibida en su escaparate en la tienda La Popular, tienda que vende vestidos de novia en Chihuahua, México. Se dice que puede mover sus ojos, parpadear, sonreír o llorar frente a quien sea que pase frente a ella o incluso salir y pasear por la ciudad de noche. Su apariencia es sumamente realista, combinando cabello humano real en su cabeza y sus pestañas, las características en sus manos la hacen ver como cualquier mano humana y se cree que es el cuerpo conservado de la hija de la dueña. El maniquí fue bautizado como la dueña de la tienda Pascualita Esparza Perales después de morir. Hay muchas teorías que explican la razón por la que la muñeca vuelve a la vida tales como que la hija falleció antes de su boda y la madre decidió momificarla para mantener el recuerdo de su belleza, otra versión de la legenda dice que el espíritu de la dueña reside dentro del maniquí.

Muchas personas piensan que La Pascualita es milagrosa, debido a un evento que le sucedió a una mujer mientras iba caminando una noche, le dispararon de repente así que corrió a suplicarle al maniquí que le ayudase a sobrevivir, y así lo hizo, desde ese noche cada día la mujer va a ponerle una veladora frente su escaparate en agradecimiento por ayudarla. Muchas mujeres que pronto se convertirán en novias eligen siempre el vestido que el maniquí usa para, según se dice, atraer buena suerte en el matrimonio. Otro dato curioso sobre La Pascualita es que no está permitido ver cuando se le cambia el vestido lo cual agrega más intriga a la legenda sea cual sea la versión real de esta leyenda este enigmático maniquí se convirtió en uno de las más afamados mitos de un país tan vasto y misterioso que es México.