Cañitas

Don't let the strange or even funny name of this story fool you, for what you're about to read was true and yet has a hint of surrealism but I'm not trying to make you think whether is fantasy or not, of course what you believe is yours to decide. It all began with one of the principals ingredients of disaster. A Ouija board, this case was one of the most shocking paranormal events documented in Mexico and it happened one May night in 1982 there was a phone ringing in father Tomas' office and when he picked it up he heard the distressing voice of a young man begging him to come to a house located in Cañitas street number 15. The man who made the call was Carlos Trejo (now famous paranormal reporter) and according to him an evil spirit had taken over the house starting with a Ouija board session.

The priest told Carlos to put an open bible at the entrance of the house, and so they did the next day but in that moment the book began to exude blood and curiously father Tomas fell off the stairs hitting his head and dying the same day and so t...

The priest told Carlos to put an open bible at the entrance of the house, and so they did the next day but in that moment the book began to exude blood and curiously father Tomas fell off the stairs hitting his head and dying the same day and so the black list of deaths from this case began. Carlos Trejo was one of the survivors and after 25 years he still recalls the events vividly. The board unleashed a series of tragic events upon his family and friends. Norma, Trejo's sister, wanted to contact an ex-boyfriend who had died in a terrible accident years before, the board seemed to have life of its own for it began to curse them and unify phrases like "I'm not your boyfriend" or what Trejo recalls as the last sentence formed by the board was "I'm always with you, right now I'm inside Manuel" at that time Manuel the actual boyfriend of Norma, began to convulse violently, flexing his body in impossible postures. While all who were present tried to calm the situation a voice that belong to none of Carlos' friends and companions shouted "You will never stop what you unleashed!".

 While all who were present tried to calm the situation a voice that belong to none of Carlos' friends and companions shouted "You will never stop what you unleashed!"

Since then, after that fateful night, a series of unfortunate events took place. Something dark, unknown and maleficent lurked the inhabitants of the house, appearing in different points of the house, it was a ghost taking over Manuel driving him almost to madness. Moving objects, possessions of people closer to the family making them talk with different voice from their own, beds that jumped by their own, and more. They decided to exorcise the house resulting in a traumatic memory in the mind of those involved, the windows exploded, the bible began to drip blood as the priest walked around the place praying. Many nights passed but the anguish of the inhabitants wasn't over, on the contrary it grew to the point of desperation. One night while everybody sleep, Norma woke up and went to the bathroom but after a while she started screaming because a shadow with long claws was trying to catch her, she ran away frightened until she reached a corner that had a cross on the wall, that made the dark entity recoil, that wasn't the last time the shadow was seen; Trejo's younger brothers woke up with scratches on their backs along with the rest of the family.