| three |

Chapter 3

After Calum had left Luke's house it was 4:16 and his dad wouldn't take much longer to get home.

Right now, Luke was in the bathroom with the water running, but he wasn't taking a shower or washing his hands.

He got down on his knees and crouched over the toilet. Luke then proceeded to shove two of his fingers as far as he could to the back of his throat and started gagging.

Then, he threw up what he had eaten earlier in the day, which wasn't a lot. Pretty much just the pizza and soda he ate when Cal was over and a banana at school.

He got that satisfactory feeling he was looking for when he threw up and felt it burn his throat and after he was finished, he flushed the toilet and went to rinse out his mouth.

If you couldn't already tell, Luke has bulimia and has been suffering with it for almost a year. Although he's never told him mom (the one person he trusts in the house), she has suspected something going on because he's gotten fairly thinner than he used to be when he was in 11th grade.

He's usually always been a chubby kid, but he wasn't overweight whatsoever; people used to make fun of him, though, and would say he's "fat and ugly" and that "girls didn't like fat guys like him". All these and more comments really got to Luke's head considering they'd been doing it almost all of elementary, and one day 3 months into junior year was when he made himself throw up for the first time. To him, it doesn't seem like he's doing anything wrong and just wants to lose weight, but to everyone else he looks more thin, fragile, and just broken.

As he walked out of the bathroom and to his room, he heard the front door close and immediately knew his dad was home.

It didn't take long for him to hear footsteps stomping up the stairs; Luke quickly rushed into his room and shut the door quietly.

He sat on his bed and pretended like he was finishing up his homework when his dad finally entered.

"The hell are you doing, huh?" Andrew (Luke's dad) said coldly.

"U-uh finishing my h-homework." Luke responded in a stutter.

Andrew knew he was making Luke nervous and he said, "Better be, or else I'll beat your fucking ass, got it?"

Luke stuttered again. "Y-yes sir."

Andrew smirked before walking out and slamming his door shut, leaving his son an anxious mess.

As he was steadying his breathing, Luke's phone vibrated. He picked it up and checked to see that he had gotten a message from Calum.

Mom said if you'd like to come over for dinner later ? 😁

A smile appeared on his face and he found himself typing:

Of course, I'll ask and let you know !! :-)

Sounds good !!! :)

After that, Luke went downstairs to find his mom in the kitchen washing a couple dishes and decided to ask her now before it got too late.