Warmth (Shirogane x Reader)

If there was one thing Shirogane hated, it was being called a coward. He loathe it. Be as it may, he found that term fitting. He was a complete scaredy-cat. All he ever did was run away from his problems and bawl his eyes out on his friend's shoulder when the other inhabitants' insults go over the line. Rocma even went as far as to call him a sissy and question his manhood.

A truly pathetic wolf indeed.

He longed to prove them wrong. To show them how strong he was. He wanted them to recognize him as brave and tough, not some coward who would run with their tails between their legs at the first sign of danger.

Not only that, he wanted to protect you. Besides Yukisada, you were the only one who was kind and didn't ridicule him. You were always the one to give him a reassuring smile and comforted him. Gentle and calm (e/c) orbs, a kind smile, you were a rarity in his eyes.

He always looked forward to spending time with you. He'd tell you his problems and you'd give useful advice. You'd see him slip up and make mistakes, yet, you didn't laugh nor look at him with mockery. Instead, you'd pat him on the head and say with a smile "It's okay Shirogane! Just believe in yourself, okay?"

The arctic wolf vowed, when he grew strong, he would tell you how much he loved you. He'd make sure you were safe and happy with him.

However, on a particular day, he found himself fidgeting nervously. It was already night time, and the path the both of you were taking was near the orca danger zone. Just thinking of Idate suddenly attacking the both of you with that sinister smile on his face made shivers run up his spine. Noticing your friend's discomfort, you gazed at him.

"Are you okay, Shirogane?"

The male stammered and fiddled with his scarf, obviously embarrassed about his actions. A gentle smile overcame your features and you reached your hand out to him, the wolf giving you a confused look.

"If you're anxious, you could always hold my hand."

Shirogane blushed and contemplated. A few moments passed and he hesitantly took your hand in his, you giving him a reassuring squeeze before continuing on. He found your hand so warm and comforting.

As he gazed at your kind and gentle expression, his lips twitched upwards, the red tint on his cheeks still not disappearing. It was true, he was a huge coward.

But...for now...

He'd cherish his time with you and enjoy your warmth.