two » dreaming alone

;

the story starts

laying in the dark

with someone new

- dreaming alone ; against the current ft. TAKA

fallon

fallon.

I stood at a distance that was behind Ashton and closer towards the front door as we both slowly made our way into the hospital room.

I watched cautiously as the boy laying in the bed turned away from the sitcom rolling on the TV and faced the front door, grinning the minute his eyes landed on Ashton. Ashton looked over his shoulder at me and motioned for me to follow him into the room. Hesitatingly, I complied, and trailed behind him.

Why was I sweating?

"Hey, bud." Ashton greeted the boy, pulling up a wooden chair from the corner of the room and situating it near the side of the hospital bed. He sat down on it, and the boy continued to grin widely at him until his eyes flickered onto me, and it disappeared. I almost brought my hand up to pound on my heart because ouch, there's nothing more painful than being responsible of making someone's smile vanish.

He was blonde. And apparently, his name was Luke.

Luke's eyes were blue, really blue, but nonetheless, they were lifeless. They were colorful, but they were dull. The skin covering his body was pale and dry-looking, and his hair was laying flat on top of his head. He looked like a mess, if I was being a completely honest and utterly truthful douche, yet I still couldn't manage to pull my eyes away from him.

He was the first to look away, turning back to Ashton with his lips pursed together. I cleared my throat and internally stabbed a finger into my eyeball at how stupid I must've looked gawking at a boy whom I didn't even know.

"Who're you?" Luke finally asked, full, pink lips barely moving at all as his eyes diverted from Ashton's to mine, again.

I swallowed again. My God, was I actually intimidated by a boy who was currently admitted into a hospital?

... Alright, that sounded a little rude, sorry.

"Fallon." I eventually forced myself to speak, attempting to kill him with a flashy, all-too-bright-for-someone-who'd-just-woken-up-at-seven-in-the-morning kinda' smile. "I'm your candy striper for the next two months. Who're you?"

It was true that I knew his name because of Ashton telling me himself, but it'd be a little more sentimental if he'd told me himself, right?

The blonde boy's entire face fell even further than it already had the minute I'd walked into the room, and his eyes widened. He turned to Ashton frantically, "You bastard, I thought you were joking about medical school!"