ten » jinx

;

feels like i'm in a cartoon

lovestruck, shot with a harpoon

flying high as a balloon

and i ain't coming down

- jinx ; dnce

fallon.

"I was thinking of wearing a long-sleeved white dress instead of the strapless one that I bought last week. Thoughts?"

I hummed half-assedly and buried my head further into my arms, "Sounds good."

"Really?" Adrianne poked her bottom lip out and tilted her head to the side, as if she were actually pondering about an important question. "But it's May. Isn't it too hot for long sleeves?"

"I really don't think I could care less, dude. Wear a thong to graduation - whatever makes you happy."

"Um, no bueno. Bring the attitude down a couple notches, por favor."

Sighing, I lifted my head from my arms and gave the crossed-armed blondie in front of me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry. I got no sleep last night and I'm cranky."

To my left, Calum snickered and ran his index finger underneath my right eye, tracing the dark circle there, "Trust me, it's obvious." I swatted his hand away out of embarrassment, watching as he frowned and pouted his lip out. "Why were you up so late, anyway?"

For a moment, I stayed silent and chewed on my bottom lip - would telling them the truth be the right thing to do? They were already skeptical over the idea of Luke in the first place. What if telling them that I'd stayed late at the hospital last night to look after him pissed them off?

There was really no way to tell when it came to the Hood siblings. That's that.

"There were a few extra things I needed to take care of at the hospital so I stayed a few hours later," I settled on telling them. I looked down at the wooden lunch table where my soda was set and studied the surface to avoid making eye contact. Eye contact equals guilty Fallon and guilty Fallon equals spilling the truth.

Adrianne hummed in what sounded like interest, "'Extra things to take care of' as in Luke Hemmings?"

I peered up and glared long and hard at the blonde. Leave it to Adrianne to read directly through my own lie.