Chapter 12

Serena woke up first, finding herself to still be in Ash arms from the night before. Serena took a few seconds to realize where she was and what was happening, but upon remembering that she was in the arms of her new boyfriend, she relaxed, smiled, and snuggled up in to him more, laying her head gently on his chest. His body was warm, which made her feel drowsy again. She gazed at his face as he slept. He had a large grin on his peaceful face. It made Serena smile, and wonder if he had been grinning like that since the morning or not. Not that it matters to her, but she found him to look adorable like this. It almost felt like a shame that he had to wake up at all. She would be perfectly happy to spend the rest of her days like this, snuggled up in a warm bed with Ash.  

Serena just stayed like this for a while. She didn't know how long, but it was a while. She didn't have either the heart to wake Ash up, or the want to get up. She was perfectly happy staying like this. She heard the tent that Bonnie and Clemont unzip and heard them come out. 

She heard Bonnie yawn, and saw her silhouette stretch. "Morning, Clemont." 

"Shush!" Clemont subdued her, in a whisper. 

"Huh?" 

"Ash and Serena aren't awake yet. We should be quiet so we don't wake them up!" Clemont explained. Serena smiled to herself. 

"Oh, right!" Bonnies volume dropped, also reaching a whisper. She then giggled and went over to the tent Ash and Serena were in. 

"What are you doing?" Clemont asked. 

"I want to see if I can see them through the tent." Bonnie explained. From Serena's perspective, Bonnie's silhouette had gotten much larger, peering through the tent. Serena was tempted to move away, but just couldn't, she didn't want to leave this beyond perfect place next to Ash. Secondly, she literally couldn't. Ash was held onto her, and she couldn't move. Bonnie peered in through the thin sheets of the tent before backing off and sighing. "No, I don't see anything. That's disappointing. If I know Serena, she's probably all snuggled up next to her Ashy." She put a large emphasis on the word 'Ashy'. 

Serena was shocked and amused and impressed and surprised all at the same time. Bonnie had managed to guess exactly right, but then again, it was likely that had been why she had pretended to have had a bad dream in the first place. For someone so young, she was, admittedly, quite clever.  

It was reasonably quiet after that. Serena heard the clangs and taps of equipment, the clang of something metallic, something Clemont was tinkering with most likely, and the occasional sentence uttered by either Clemont or Bonnie, but their voices were muffled by the time they reached the tent, making it impossible to tell which one of them it was.  

It was a short while before she noticed that Ash was starting to stir up, unusually earlier than normal. Perhaps he had heard the noise from outside the tent. Either way, he slowly and groggily opened one eye, his right eye, and after staring blankly to the side for a moment, allowing his eyes to adjust, he blinked and looked around the room, before noticing Serena, who was looking up at him with a smile on her face. He had forgotten she had stayed with him during the night, and for a brief second, he had nearly jumped straight out of bed - literally - before he remembered. Instead, he gave her a smile. 

"Hello there" he said with a long yawn. 

"Hello, Ashy." Serena said with a grin, using the nickname Bonnie had used earlier herself. She caught Ash's face turning red lightly, which was what she had wanted. 

"When the heck did I get that nickname?" Ash asked with another yawn, shorter this time, and rubbing his eye. 

"About twenty minutes ago. You sleep well?" Serena asked with a chuckle.