Under The Stars

It was around 2 at night and Nandini was just tossing and turning on her bed while Navya slept peacefully beside her.
Nandini was getting restless. She wanted to meet Manik, talk to him. Talk to him till she's out of breath but what if he is sleeping.
Nandini didn't want to disturb his sleep and that's why she decided against her wish and planned to stay on her bed tossing whole night.
Nandini's POV
My sleep has again gone for a trip to moon.. Aiyappa.. Why me.. I am not at all sleepy when i should actually be snoring. Possibly I'm the only owl awake at this hour of the night. "soja Nandu" i am continuously muttering to myself but my sleep is up with its hide and seek game with me. I guess sleep is allergic to me.
Manik would be awake kya. No you're crazy. Time dekh;Manik kya bats bhibso rahe honge.. Cmon just sleep.. You can do it close your eyes and just try to sleep.
POV ended.
Nandini was trying hard to get her sleep back to her.
Meanwhile, Manik in his room, was shifting uncontrollably in his bed wondering about how to talk to Nandini.
How ironical, both tjese restless souls are dying to talk to each other but their so apprehensions won't let them.
Manik's POV
Manik stop being so desperate and go to sleep. Manik Malhotra shouldn't be so restless to talk to just another girl. Just another girl like seriously. Manik who are you trying to fool. You also know that she is not just another girl in your life. Yes she is so special for me. I know but why. I don't know what it is but talking to her makes me feel alive. Her smile it makes me forget all my pain. Her eyes are so deep like the deepest ocean.
I Always wish for her to be by me in every situation and she is every time.
Tomorrow we'll be going back but this time that we have spent together is a beautiful memory for me.
Nandini Murthy, there's definitely something in you that pull me towards you always. Is this how love feels? No. Shut up. I don't know.
Whatever it is I need to talk to you. Now. But what if she's sleeping. Lets try my luck. For one last time tonight.
POV ended.
Manik finally made his decision and jumped out of his bed anxiously. He grabbed his phone and sneaked out of the room making aure not to wake up Cabir or Dhruv. He came out of his room and dialled Nandini's number but it said busy.
Manik:itni raat ko.. Aryaman..
He clutched his fist and was walking down the corridor to her room when he collided into someone.
On the other side, Nandini finally git up i hwr desperation and decided to take a walk down in the garden. To be precise, to check on him for once. She walked out of the room making less of noise so as to not disturb Navya's sleep.
She headed towards his room while trying her luck. She dialled his number but it was busy.
Nandini:he is awake.. But kisse baat kar rha hai.. Ghar se phone hoga.. But at 2 in the night.. I hope everything's fine.
She was blabbering to herself while walking to his room when she bumped into something as hard as rock. She closed her eyes realising that she might fall in the next second. She waited to get hurt. But before she could land on the floor two strong hands grabbed her by her waist.
She was hanging In Manik's arms wondering why didn't she get hurt till yet while Manik went blank at sudden encounter.
Finally realizing that she wasn't falling she she slowly opened her eyes only to find a lost Manik over her. They looked at each other Completely lost.
Nandini thanked her Aiyappa for saving her from falling while Manik just re thought about the turn of events. Was it all coincidence?
After a long eye lock they both came yo the reality. Manik made her stand and they looked away in awkwardness.
Manik:umm tum..
Before they could continue both their phones beeped. It was a missed call message they had got from each other. They looked at each other and then burst out laughing.
Nandini:mujhe call kar rhe the..
Manik:aur tum mujhe.. Vaise kyu.. Call kar rhi thi.. Koi kaam tha..
Nandini:kaam!
She looked away trying to hide her restlessness to talk to him.
Nandini:n.. Nhi.. Tum..kyu call kar rhe the..
Manik:uuh.. Maine.. Maine call nhi ki.. Vo toh galti se lag gyi.. Btw yum jaag kyu rhi ho..
Nandini:galti se?
Nandini looked at him with raised eyebrows because she definitely wasn't expecting that.
Nandini:mm.. Mujhe neend nhi aa rhi thi toh maine socha neeche walk kar lu.. Tum kyu..
She said as she looked the other way.
Manik:mai.. Same.. Haan.. Walk..
Nandini:toh idhar kaha ja rhe the..
She pointed in the direction of her room which was in the end of the corridor.
Nandini:stairs and lift toh udhar hai..
She smirked. Manik looked away. Nandini:tumhe na neend aa gyi hai.. Isliye tum raasta bhi bhul gye ek kaam kro tum jaao aur so jao.. I'll go and take a walk..
She teased him.
Manik:yeh kya zabardasti hai mai toh walk karne jaunga..
He said and turned towards the stairs and Nandini followed him smilingly.
They reached the lobby and exited out of the hotel and into the garden.
The grass beneath was moist and wet as always. The breeze was abit cool. The night sky was clear with brightly shining stars and the moon.
Nandini:its so calm here..
Manik:hnm..
They said breaking the peaceful silence of the night.
They walked for a bit and then sat down on the wet grass. Nandini glanced at Manik who was staring at the stars intently.
Nandini:kya dekh rhe ho?
She asked softly.
Manik:the stars.. they are so bright and are always shining for each other..
Nandini looked up and a smile crept on her face.
Nandini:pta hai fireflies also glow very brightly.. For..
Her voice cracked and a tear escaped her eyes. Manik looked at her and she was still smiling among the tine droplets rolling down her cheeks.
Manik:fireflies?
Nandini:haan.. Fireflies also glow very brightly.. I love them.. Amma used to say that fireflies.. They are the symbol true love just like these shining stars.
Manik admired her face that was partly shining due to the moonlight and partly due to her tears.
Manik turned towards her and cupped her cheeks. He wiped the tears off her face and then took her in a soft hug. Nandini dug her face in his chest where she found utmost peace listening to his heart beats.
They stayed there for some time talking over some random topics and talking their hearts out to each other lying in each other's embrace. They did feel relaxed in the embrace. It felt like an assurance both of them could speak their hearts out and the other one won't even care to judge. They did complete each other. They felt happy when they were together.
Finally after along hours of togetherness they decided to head back to their rooms and take some sleep before leaving for Mumbai. And this time they didn't even have to convince their sleeps it was back to them. They both drifted into deep slumber as soon as they reached on their beds but only after keeping each other in mind.