|3|

I rocked on my feet, nervously biting my fingernails down to mere nothing. Should I ring the bell or not? Alec would most definitely kill me. But Mr.Murray had told us to start the tutoring from today. My hand went up to ring the bell but then back down.

Alec is going to murder you. Alec is going to murder you. Alec is going to murder you.

Oh shut up voice.

Technically you're telling yourself to shut up.

Ugh!

Walk away and live another day Elle!

Right now I was standing outside Alec Knight's house, debating wether to ring the damned bell or not. Alec didn't even know I was here! I looked like a creep waiting outside this hell of a mansion called a house. I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. I held my hand to ring the bell when the door itself opened and a girl half naked came running out. Her hair was all over the place. I could see more than a bit of her cleavage and her shoes were in her hands. Her shirt buttons were open and she was trying to hold it together.

"Bitch."She looked at me and muttered. She teetered towards her car and went. Wow.

I entered the house reluctantly and my jaw dropped. I was standing in a living room and boy, was it big. It was a state of the art house with paneled walls and ceilings. Chandeliers hung above illuminated by beautiful soft light. Everything was marble, wood or glass and reeked of expensive.

"Alec?" I called out softly, half scared to break the stillness of the heavy silence. No answer. Oh come on,  you aren't playing freaking hide and seek Elle. "Alec?" I called a little louder. I clutched my books closer to my chest, heart pounding. I thought I would have a heart attack right then and there.

"What the fuck? I think I told you to leave." I heard his irritation filled voice. Okay... clearly he thought I was that whore that just ran out like Godzilla just took her ice cream tub.

"Um it's Elle...Elise Brook? Tutoring.." Oh my god. I sounded like a blabbering turtle. Had my senses gone for a toss? They sure as hell did when Alec stepped into the living room. I do not think it's legal for a person to have such perfect hair. Or eyes. Or mouth. Or body. Holy jeez. My subconscious raised an eyebrow at me.

"The heck are you doing here?" He groaned.

"I'm supposed to be tutoring you remember?" I said all the while screaming inside my head that I shouldn't have come. "We're supposed to start from today."

He stared at me and I tried my hardest not to blush under his calculating gaze. He looked hot with that sexy mussed brown hair. God, stop. Back peddle the hell behind. Refocus. Refocus.

"Are you for real?" He finally says.

I shifted uncomfortably at that question. His piercing gaze pinned me.

"Look, the sooner we start, the faster it will get over. The less time we can see each other." I tried to reason. Please. Listen. Alec partly cocked his head to one side, gazing at me for what seemed like an eternity while he tried to come up with some decision.

Then he  let out an inarticulate noise which I guess meant he approved because he started going up the stairs. I followed hastily. He walked down a corridor with numerous rooms and stopped at one. He opened it and we came inside a study room. It was all modern with black and white and glass. A table sat at the far end with an iMac. Alec slumped on the couch. "Go ahead,nerd."

I bit my lip and sat down. "So what are you weak at?"

He didn't answer. No surprise.

"Okay let's just start with the atom basics." I said, taking out my books and spreading them out on the table all the while wishing fervently for something to transport me magically the hell away from here.

**************************************************************************************